You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: HBO's True Detective

misterID wrote:

The rumor is the new season will be based in California, it will star Colin Farrell, and at least one episode will be directed by William Friedkin (The Exorcist, Killer Joe, Bug).

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

The rumor is the new season will be based in California, it will star Colin Farrell, and at least one episode will be directed by William Friedkin (The Exorcist, Killer Joe, Bug).

I like this. Big fan of Farrell. Friedkin idk, guy seems past it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
misterID wrote:

That could be interesting. I had thought they were gonna cast two females. Maybe he will be teamed up with a female partner. Any word if it's gonna be the same format? Like back and fourth from past to present?

Just read Vince Vaughan and Rachel McAdams are also rumors

johndivney wrote:

Vaughan/Farrell confirmed. Will give me plenty of ammo to mock this stupid piece of shite show. Looking forward to it. Vaughan some criminal mastermind philosopher, Farrell a crooked cop seemingly on vaughans payroll..

Hopefully Rachel macadams can be convinced into some gratuitous nudity..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

I like this. Big fan of Farrell. Friedkin idk, guy seems past it.

He's actually had a pretty cool resurgence. Killer Joe was a really good film.

BLS-Pride wrote:
misterID wrote:

That could be interesting. I had thought they were gonna cast two females. Maybe he will be teamed up with a female partner. Any word if it's gonna be the same format? Like back and fourth from past to present?

Just read Vince Vaughan and Rachel McAdams are also rumors

I'd think it's going to be the same format as it will be written by the same people, but the pacing will be different with the various directors they use.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I hope the setting is as great as the first season. Louisiana was a  perfect area for a show like this.

johndivney wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

McCoughnehey should win a Best Actor Emmy the same year as his Oscar.

that fake softspoken douchebag that everyone loves! lol

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When the fuck is this thing coming back? Season 2 has already passed the Season 1 premiere mark by a year.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Can anything top that first season? In one season it became one of the all time greats up there with The Sopranos.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

It will be hard to top it. This season has Farrel, Vaughn, McAdams, and Taylor Kitsch of John Carter fame. Decent cast. Occult murders will be the common thread with the last season. I hope it does well but not expecting it to come near last year.

Board footer