You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: Axls Statement on Buckethead 2004

gavgnr wrote:

Still amazes me to think that in 2004 Axl was talking about announcing a release date 'within a few months'.

The Chinese saga was a long one, and I fear we are entering, beyond reasonable doubt, another long phase without a new studio release. As someone rightly said above, Axl's hand was forced with the releases of both the illusions and Chinese.

Leaks are the ultimate force potentially that might precipitate a new release, but after the skwerl affair it seems almost unthinkable that someone would attempt a leak on such a large scale. I don't necessarily condone leaks, but if that is what brings forth a release from Guns, I'm sure many would be in favour. Perhaps an anonymous party out there might soon spill his beans.

Who knows, but I miss the thrill of new guns music.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Who knows, but I miss the thrill of new guns music.

Amen to that. It's strange to think that even though we finally got CD it still feels like there's a void.

While I'd love to get new music in any shape or form I think a big reason for that is the sporadic leaks we had, making the release of CD only contain a couple of new tunes. In a way it felt like getting a re release of an old album with some bonus tracks. Songs I had been waiting for for years like Madagascar and The Blues had lost their punch since I had already listened to them for half a decade or more.

So I wouldn't say no, but I'd rather wait a little longer and get the whole thing at once. I miss the feeling of discovering a whole new album of GN'R music.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I agree it kinda sucks when your favorite band doesn't release any new music.

Axl's wasted years of the talent around him, let alone his own.

Board footer