You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: GnR in Vegas 2014

apex-twin wrote:

5089523252_8762b589c9_z.jpg
It's in the name, right Tommy? Always The Replacement... wink

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What does Ron have to do with it?  He plays guitar.

If Ron is going to leave, then it would make it that much easier for Tommy to leave as well since it will take god knows how long to find replacement for Ron, Axl could just find a replacement for Tommy at the same time.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://gnr3dmovie.com/service/alabama/

Now this is cool... They are playing in movie theaters...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I can't imagine anyone that doesn't post on a GNR message board will actually go watch this in theaters. Going to be a loooooooooooooooooot of empty seats!

But, as a side note, I haven't really seen a lot of movies lately where the theater was necessarily packed...but I know matter of factly if this was showing around me in MA I would be the ONLY person in the theater. I'd almost be too embarassed to invite anyone to come with me.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I'm a GnR nerd and wouldn't see it in a theater, lol.

I don't know anything about movies, but not sure why they would even bother to release this in theaters to be honest. I'm guessing those in charge, know something I do not.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

From what I can gather, it appears to be a one or two-nighter in every other city, making it a limited release.  The reasoning behind that could be that Universal gets the film out there cheap, some punters will check out the show on a big screen with proper sound, and some of them may venture to buy the DVD. I'd say the main thing for the limited release is to raise some awareness for the disc.

edit: Wednesday and Thursday (18th/19th June) appear to be the only dates chalked in. Mid-week, 7pm. Cost-effective.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Ron dodged the rumors of himself leaving after Vegas.

Ron wrote:

Hey, Bumble---

Love your music and love your guitar playing. I hope the rumors that you might leave GN'R after Vegas aren't true--I know Axl can be a tough person to deal with (I myself am a very tough person to deal with and drive people away myself), and I know touring, being away from home etc is a pain in the ass I am sure...But you're very much appreciated in GN'R, and speaking for myself and many others, I hope you remain in the band.

We actually jammed last night until the wee hours, til my fingers were blue and both me & my tech were falling over, was a great time & wish we had done that more often - Axl's great to jam with   smile   (And I'm sure I've been tougher to deal with in GNR than anyone, circumstances have not made it an easy ride for me personally & it hasn't made me the best version of myself most of the time...)

"wish we had done that more often"...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Apparently they've played Yesterdays and Prostitute, so they've finally mixed up the set, a bit...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah Apex that part stuck out for me too, it's interesting that past tense was used as opposed to "I wish we would do that more often".

But I may be reading waaay too much into it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

just listened to yesterdays and prostitute from the latest show. axl sounds killer.

Board footer