You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: "Mystery" Band to reunite in Sweden

-Jack- wrote:

Come on guys.. we KNOW this isn't GNR. I'm really surprised some people thought this could be them

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Come on guys.. we KNOW this isn't GNR. I'm really surprised some people thought this could be them

No, we don't know that because GNR refuse to acknowledge their fanbase in any way, shape, or form.

A simple sentence from GNR would kill this story immediately.

This is why Merck was such an asset love him or hate him.

I keep trying to think of bands that haven't performed since 88 and my mind is drawing a blank.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The Cars broke up in 1988.  Maybe they'll play with a replacement for Orr?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

No, we don't know that because GNR refuse to acknowledge their fanbase in any way, shape, or form.

A simple sentence from GNR would kill this story immediately.

This is why Merck was such an asset love him or hate him.

I keep trying to think of bands that haven't performed since 88 and my mind is drawing a blank.

I'm against the way GN'R (=Axl Rose) treats the fans, but in this case there is no need for them to say anything. Just because a 'mystery ban' that broke up 20 years ago plays a gig this summer? What does it have to do with GN'R? Yeah, some fans hoped it'll be Axl N' Slash again... C'mon, there are much more important things to talk about and they're silent. But considering that they issued a press release about that band, Die Mannequin, we can expect Axl's people to talk about this irrelevant story, too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well i doubt its gnr...but ya never know one of the weird things in the press release was that this show will be the only euro date for the band so does that mean they will tour the rest of the world or just NA or its just a one off gig? if the band is anythign important a one off show in sweden is odd..unless its a swedish band.... we dont know, but they'll announce it tommorrow so we'll find out who the band is then

i doubt its gnr, but hey what else is there to talk about? 16 and i thought it might be some good old fashion gnr speculation big_smile shit like this never stopped us from hoping in previous years so it shows how far that hope has degenerated in the fanbase more than anything sad

i think we are the only board who even bothered to post this 16

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think we are the only board who even bothered to post this 16

No shit. Its not even on Metal Sludge.:haha:

Interest continues to drop while GNR and Uni are asleep at the wheel. Sad.

James

James wrote:
Backslash wrote:

The Cars broke up in 1988.  Maybe they'll play with a replacement for Orr?

The new Cars have been touring.

Its not them.

Besides, no Orr=no Cars.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The Cars haven't performed with Ric Ocasek since '88 though, so it's a possibility.  Unless Roger Hodgson is rejoining Supertramp.

I'm starting to think the band they refer to isn't even famous.  It could just be a local Swedish band, really.

EDIT: How about The Smiths?  I know Morrissey always said no, but check this out from the wikipedia (I know, shitty source, but better than nothing.):

In August 2007 it was reported Morrissey had turned down a near £40 million offer to reunite with Johnny Marr for a 50-date world tour in 2008 and 2009. The condition would only be that Morrissey would have to play the dates with Marr, meaning the deal could have gone ahead without Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke's participation.[18]

According to an anonymous press release on true-to-you.net, an unofficial fan site tacitly supported by Morrissey, Morrissey was approached in summer 2007 by a "consortium of promoters" with a $75 million offer to tour during the next two years. The offer required Morrissey to make a minimum of fifty worldwide performances with Johnny Marr, under the Smiths' name. true-to-you.net reported that the offer had been refused.[19] Other reports say that the whole $75 million tour was a hoax.[20]

In an October 2007 interview on BBC Radio Five Live, Johnny Marr hinted at a potential reformation in the future, saying that "stranger things have happened so, you know, who knows?" Marr went on to say that "It's no biggy. Maybe we will in 10 or 15 years' time when we all need to for whatever reasons, but right now Morrissey is doing his thing and I'm doing mine, so that's the answer really." This is the first potential indication of a Smiths reunion from Marr, who previously has stated that reforming the band would be a bad idea.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i can't see the smiths only playing one show in europe, and that one show being in sweden hmm

but you're right this 'mystery' band prolly isnt even that big

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Journey last played together in 88. It would be a shock if Steve Perry were back in the band, so that would fit. But, it's not them. It's not GNR. It's some crap band, I'd bet my left nut on that.

Board footer