You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

Smoking Guns wrote:

That the reunion may have been put into motion.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Eddie was talking out of his A$$. He's been going on the assumption that no one could possibly pass on the amount of money a reunion would produce. There's no insider stuff with that. More than likely Duff is coming back. He wants in the new band.

Slash is still a no go to ever rejoining GN'R, at least at this point. That could change some day, but right now, nope.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Eddie Trunks comments (sources telling him a reunion has been put in motion but may not be imminent) below at 28:02. Credit to Frontman on MyGNR for pointing it out.

I agree that it was probably less of a coincidence that Duff and Axl met in London. A savvy manager would know that Duff would be the best potential bridge between Slash and Axl, and the best way to grease the skids.

I'm still a bit surprised that Duff is so interested in rejoining the band. I'm guessing it's a combination of wanting to play with his old bud, but also, and maybe mostly, he wants to restore a little bit of the GNR legacy. He's been back to the top with Velvet Revolver, toured the world fronting his own band Loaded, written for Playboy...what else is there left to do?

misterID

misterID wrote:

According to MSL Eddie's source were promoters who were gauging how much a reunion would bring in, and it had nothing to do with Axl, just a general estimate that people took the wrong way.

Duff has a great relationship with the current band members and he likes the new music. I think playing with the new band tripped a fire with him.

The good thing if Duff comes back is that he would be organizing jams for new music. And he knows how to work with Axl.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Name one song Duff as Axl wrote exclusively... If Duff comes back full time, I fully expect Axl and Slash to make up. Duff is still good friends of Slash.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

According to MSL Eddie's source were promoters who were gauging how much a reunion would bring in, and it had nothing to do with Axl, just a general estimate that people took the wrong way.

Duff has a great relationship with the current band members and he likes the new music. I think playing with the new band tripped a fire with him.

The good thing if Duff comes back is that he would be organizing jams for new music. And he knows how to work with Axl.

Isn't that promoter thing pretty old? I think Slash talked about a reunion being worth 100 million some years ago. Not as an offer, but as a realistic estimate of what promoters would be willing to offer.

Either way all of the guys know a reunion will mean BIG bucks, much more than they can currently earn on their own. So in that sense, they (Axl mostly) have already rejected huge sums to get back together.

I think Izzy will end up being right. A reunion happens when and if Axl becomes "broke", not before.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Name one song Duff as Axl wrote exclusively... If Duff comes back full time, I fully expect Axl and Slash to make up. Duff is still good friends of Slash.

Well none, but most of the songs Duff contributed to in GN'R are pretty good.

Why do you assume Duff having an effect on the Axl/Slash relationship? Yes, he will be able to "defend" Slash and his point of view, but I'm pretty sure lots of people have already done that. There are quite a few people who are acquainted with the both of them.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Because, Duff won't ignore Slash. He won't stop talking to him. He won't stop jamming with him on stage. That in itself will help erode this wall Axl has built between him and Slash. Hell, I could even see Axl secretly going to a Slash show to see him and Duff jam together. This is how these things start. Axl won't bring Duff back if he doesn't support Duff totally. He won't make Duff chose between him and Slash, and if he does, Duff won't do it.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

You got a point. But we shouldn't underestimate Axl's ability to hold a grudge either. For the type of money we're talking about and the years that have passed, most bands would have reunited long ago.

misterID

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Isn't that promoter thing pretty old? I think Slash talked about a reunion being worth 100 million some years ago. Not as an offer, but as a realistic estimate of what promoters would be willing to offer.

Either way all of the guys know a reunion will mean BIG bucks, much more than they can currently earn on their own. So in that sense, they (Axl mostly) have already rejected huge sums to get back together.

I think Izzy will end up being right. A reunion happens when and if Axl becomes "broke", not before.

Yeah, this was a more recent thing, in all fairness to Trunk.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Because, Duff won't ignore Slash. He won't stop talking to him. He won't stop jamming with him on stage. That in itself will help erode this wall Axl has built between him and Slash. Hell, I could even see Axl secretly going to a Slash show to see him and Duff jam together. This is how these things start. Axl won't bring Duff back if he doesn't support Duff totally. He won't make Duff chose between him and Slash, and if he does, Duff won't do it.

Duff won't have to stop talking with Slash if he rejoins. Everyone knows the lowdown. And at the same time, Duff won't do anything to endanger his relationship with Axl, either. They both have said PUBLICALLY, both Slash and Duff, that their relationships are totally different with Axl, and they, Slash especially, wont do anything to create an ugly situation. Trust me, Slash will have no impact on Duff's decision.

I know you really want this to happen, SG, but the last anyone heard from Axl on the Slash topic was at the last Vegas show and it was still, "not in this lifetime."

Never say never. But again, Axl is Axl.

Board footer