You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

PaSnow wrote:

So wow, how long has BBF been a member?   Aren't we talking like almost 10 years?!  Hard to believe he really didn't get to put out one piece of work in that time (aside from light CD additions & tracks which BH could've been included in).  I can't blame him for leaving.  I was never a huge fan, but I respect his fan-friendliness he brought with him.  The chats, updates, interviews etc.  Wish him well.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Same here man! It really sucks; but what's the guy gotta do to get his name and sound on a full GNR album and not just snippets and pieces of solos. He's tried to reason with both Axl and management several times probably. I hope things turn around soon.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Thats a shame if he is, even though I can completely understand why.
It will no doubt set Axl back another 10 years, so he can move forward and "push the guitar parts even further" like after Robin left, and the same after Bucket left... LOL

I thought I saw something about that those songs that Bumble was presenting as possible Guns songs, will now be Bumble solo songs on his next album.
I guess thats an indication if anything, that Ron is frustrated that he can't contribute to the Guns legacy.

I'd be fuckin pissed off too, that in 8 years I was stuck playing nostalgia

AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Well not to be a cynic, but... do you make more money than BBF? tongue

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I seriously doubt it. But out of curiosity, how much money does BBF really make being in GN'R though...?

They aren't exactly a stadium band these days

And someone with insane skills like BBF, playing other people's songs for 8 years, when you want to play your own stuff, its gotta get to you after a while

AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I seriously doubt it. But out of curiosity, how much money does BBF really make being in GN'R though...?

They aren't exactly a stadium band these days

And someone with insane skills like BBF, playing other people's songs for 8 years, when you want to play your own stuff, its gotta get to you after a while

I agree, but I think it's safe to say he's getting paid more than Dizzy. I don't think if BBF had no solo career, he'd be asking fans to give him a free room to stay in.

*if anyone remembers that from a few years ago*

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

*if anyone remembers that from a few years ago*

I don't...do tell.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Get Doug Aldrich.

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Get Doug Aldrich.

Whoa!
Yes. I agree. That is a very good idea.
He left Whitesnake lately so he would be a free agent.
He writes some amazingly good riffs!

Here's his side project:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Completely AGREE x infinity on Doug Aldrich replacing Ron. Doug is on another planet from Ron. Doug is literally like a hybrid of Slash & Bucket. He can do some of the most bluesy, beautiful, soulful rock solos, then turn without hesitation and kick out Bucket technicality, without losing the soul.

To this day Aldrich is underrated. Whitesnake fans right now are absolutely heartbroken that DA is leaving DC. To Whitesnake fans, if it weren't for Reb Beach still being there to back it all up, they'd probably be swallowing a shotgun while listening to "Forevermore" on a loop.

But tbh, Burning Rain (which I haven't ever listening to believe it or not), is not Doug Aldrich's side project. It was Doug Aldrich's band, the band, that he was in years before he started becoming a journeyman guitarist doing session work in Best-of cover collections with Cleopatra records, and spot starting for Dio & Whitesnake here and there.

Aldrich was in a band called Lion with Kal Swan in the 80s, which morphed into Bad Moon Rising when half the band left in 1990. They did Bad Moon Rising together in the 90s, then Kal Swan retired from singing, and was replaced by Keith St. James (name?), and rechristened Burning Rain. And the rest is history. I loved Lion & BMR, but refused to listen to Burning Rain after the loss of Swan. I probably should re-listen to Burning Rain now that alot of time has passed since now and importing those records to the states in the late 90s.

Aldrich's spot-start work is equally underrated. He did a one-off lead job on the short-lived melodic band Hurricane's final album, Slave To The Thrill in 1990. It's pure bombastic 80s glam knock-off, but Kelly Hansen's pre-Foreigner melodies and Aldrich huge guitar, Hurricane's Slave To The Thrill is a lost-gem, you've probably never heard of.

Aldrich in GN'R? I'd rather have Doug than fucking Slash or Buckethead.

Board footer