You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

apex-twin wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I guess money outweighs integrity for him.

Any other way, he'd be out of the band by now. Bucket left because he became fed up with the BS that surrounded the organization. Ron stays, no doubt for financial reasons.

FlashFlood wrote:

he tried to pan handle to cover the costs of touring on that guitar masters thing

He succeeded in that, actually. Like you, I'm OK with him doing that, but it's certainly ironic to think what Axl had to say about Bucket when he left.

According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were... to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

Ron and DJ have done a heck of a lot more than Bucket to bolster their solo careers with their Guns association, and while it's fair play, one can only wonder how Axl feels whenever his all-important workhorse takes the feeding hand with the apple, by telling any journalist who cares to listen how jerry-rigged the Team Brazil operation is. Ron's been at odds with the management (or at least, their policies) since Day 1 and he's still in the band because he says yes to touring and because Axl feels a Bucket-level player is vital. There is no Plan B, there is no replacement. While I reckon Ron's genuinely a good person, his tight association to the fans also has a political angle - he's popular in ways other band members are not, because he goes out of his way interact.

The big prize for Ron is a new album with writing credits, because that potentially means songwriting royalties for the rest of his life. ChiDem2 is a succession of paydays for Paul Tobias, Robin, Tommy, etc. There's a reason for this tug of war, and why neither DJ or Ron appear to be actively campaigning for ChiDem2 to be completed and released. What they'd get to do is a bunch of solos. One can imagine there being a conflict of interest amongst the current lineup as to what should they do with the next album - I cannot see there being a unified front to tell Ax how it's going to be. Neither is it very likely for Ax to just turn around and tell the new guys, 'Right, I'll just scoff this stuff I've been cherishing for around a decade and start from scratch with the riffs you've got'.

When Axl gets around to it, I believe there to be another album. Only not with any 'new' songs. Ron might as well face the facts and realize his meal-ticket lies in consistent touring. The gravy train passed them over a decade ago, and he was never onboard to begin with.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I get what you're saying and absolutely agree that he's there only for the money, but hey, what about the others? I'm sure all of them there only for the money. There is no musician on Earth (Steven Adler included) who could be satisfied with touring the same shit in the same order for years and years, playing songs written by other people (mostly), and there is no sign of moving forward, there is no hope to create something together or to leave a mark behind you musically. It's extremely frustrating. I think Ron's venting shows that he has MORE integrity than the others, cause Tommy's, DJ's and the others' silence are bought by the paychecks (Dizzy and Fortus sold themselves to the level of bullshitting the fans), while Ron has the biggest problem with the Axl and TB bullshit and he dares to call them out for this.
I guess his days are numbered in the band. He'll leave (I guess he hasn't till now) or Axl will fire him as soon as he finds a replacement. Ron's biggest luck is that 1, Axl's extremely lazy and can't things done 2, Axl needs him for his nostalgia cash-grab tours. As ironic as it is, Ron'll probably get sacked the day Axl decides to move forward.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The only way Axl is going to move forward is by going backward. Funny how Duff playing a few shows was seen as progress for him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

DJ doesn't talk about "old music" in a negative sense, he says he'll be on the next album, that the songs are amazing, that he's writing, and the other guys are writing, you don't hear that from Ron, nothin positive about the band ever comes out in these interviews. The exact opposite with the other guys. And the other guys know the deal and accept it.

If Ron is miserable, and he's takng a stand, he would have left a long time ago. I swear, everytime I start liking him he opens his mouth.

Go see John 5 about filling his spot. Better yet... Go offer Bucket the farm and a trip to every Disney park park on earth, the chance to score Space Mountain, his own haunted house at every GN'R show, a huge merchandising deal. ANYTHING he wants. Ron is not irreplaceable.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

DJ doesn't talk about "old music" in a negative sense, he says he'll be on the next album, that the songs are amazing, that he's writing, and the other guys are writing, you don't hear that from Ron, nothin positive about the band ever comes out in these interviews. The exact opposite with the other guys. And the other guys know the deal and accept it.

If Ron is miserable, and he's takng a stand, he would have left a long time ago. I swear, everytime I start liking him he opens his mouth.

Go see John 5 about filling his spot. Better yet... Go offer Bucket the farm and a trip to every Disney park park on earth, the chance to score Space Mountain, his own haunted house at every GN'R show, a huge merchandising deal. ANYTHING he wants. Ron is not irreplaceable.

BH will never come back to play Slash tribute shows again. He'll never come back to spend years in the studio with Axl not showing up, just sending back stuff he likes asking for more developement.

Since John 5 is a whore, he would sign the deal. The shredder version of DJ Ashba. Axl surely got his numbers years ago, just didn't have enough motivation to make a call.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If SG can hold on to his Slash reunion dreams I can hold on to my Bucket ones! 16

John 5 and DJ might actually be a good mesh. With Richard the bluesy anchor. But John considers himself the full-time Rob Zombie guitarist. Maybe he could do both.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Here's another recent interview. Ron's doing another solo record right now, so sure, Guns is the gig that pays for everything else. Nothing points to him quitting here, btw.

Ron wrote:

Is it easy to synchronize with two other guitar players?

In the very beginning when Dj first joined the band, we all would just sit in a room for hours in just three chairs facing each other with our guitars figuring out what each one of us should do so that we don’t step on each other. Keep it organized and coordinated so that it’s not just a mess onstage. In the studio you can tweak it and make this one a little louder and this one a little lower but when you’re playing live and everything is echoing and stuff, a little goes a long way. So you have to be very careful and not fill it up too much because it’s just going to become inaudible.

How were the fans at first?

Skeptical. They didn’t know who I was and for a fan that this is a band that they loved for fifteen/twenty years, whatever it was at that point, suddenly mom brings home a new baby and it’s like, “Who the hell is this? I didn’t say I could have a new brother. Get out of here kid. I don’t want you here. I didn’t choose you.” So it took a long time.

But now they love you

Not everybody but that’s normal. There’s going to be people that no matter what they just will refuse to accept anyone other than whichever member they feel the most personal connection with. And that’s fine. That’s ok. I get it and I don’t take personal offense unless they’re personally offensive. And even then I just say, well, it has nothing to do with me. And that’s because what they all did together was so magical. Think of it like Seinfeld. Each guy could have their own show but it’s not going to be the same as what they had together. It’s like Elaine had New Christine and now she’s got, what’s that new one? The Veep. It’s great, funny show. But that’s the thing, it was the magic in what they had together; undeniable, perfect chemistry. It was John-Paul-George-Ringo level. It was Peter-Ace-Gene-Paul level. It was that level and nothing could ever replace that. And they feel like it’s been replaced with something that just doesn’t have the same that they had with them. So it’s frustrating and they resent it and they’re missing it. The food doesn’t taste as good. But at the same time there might be people out there that might look at what we do and say, “To me, this is the one I love” and they won’t accept any other if something changes with that. So it’s all up to the individuals.

The thing is that classic line-up made such a profound impact musically and they were such strong personalities that each one was their own person yet they fit together, they belonged. You could say this guy was a little more punky, this guy is a little more bluesy, this guy was a little more rock, this one was a little more this, and each one added something that completed what they did so well and gave it so much more depth and spirit that it’s damn near untouchable. So now, if someone is frustrated that the new version of Seinfeld doesn’t have Costanza and Elaine and Kramer, I understand. It’s ok.

So what happens after the Guitar Gods tour? Are you going to get back in your studio?

Yep, I got to finish up this next album. I actually just ordered something from www.sweetwater.com. Got myself a little rig that I can take on the tour bus with me so this way I can try and get some recording done while I’m on the road. I don’t know if I will but I’ll try. I can at least try to get in some tracking, something done. It’s all good.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Ron's official social media profiles have been updated as "Guns N' Roses Guitarist 2006-2014"

Some are saying this doesn't mean anything, others say an announcement is around the corner, I say that's the sort of thing you put on a tombstone. I really don't care anymore. If they can't get Bucket back, I'd rather him stay.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

GNR will reunite in 2016.. After Slash's tour.

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

GNR will reunite in 2016.. After Slash's tour.

You're like the divorce child who keeps hoping his parents will get back together.
Just because Slash and Axl don't work together anymore doesn't mean that they don't still love you.

The best thing GNR could do now if Ron does leave is to NOT replace him.
They got Richard Fortus and Dj Ashba in one band. They don't need anyone else.

Board footer