You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Time for the reunion

-D- wrote:

Axl prob thought Slash would fail and become a has been where are they now....beg Axl back and fall in line.  Didnt happen.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

misterID, what songs do you think Ashba can write that Slash wouldn't or couldn't write.  I don't look at any of GNR's current Axe men as great song writers..

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl prob thought Slash would fail and become a has been where are they now....beg Axl back and fall in line.  Didnt happen.

Or maybe he's glad to be rid of him. They don't get along.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If he was sooo happy to get rid of him he wouldn't be so obsessed about him.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

He's glad to be rid of him, but also bitter about what a Slashless GN'R turned out to be. They were on top of the world and Axl could never understand how Slash would want to throw that away, even less so how he feels Slash tried to bring him down with him.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
-D- wrote:

Actually it was the other way around. Slash left remember? He was the one thinking Axl would give in. That's why he came around 10 years later saying "Axl had won the war". He viewed that whole thing as a battle.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
-D- wrote:

Actually it was the other way around. Slash left remember? He was the one thinking Axl would give in. That's why he came around 10 years later saying "Axl had won the war". He viewed that whole thing as a battle.

It exagerrates the story a bit. First of all, Axl quit first, then Slash didn't join his new band (with the same name, Guns N' Roses). Second, I highly doubt all the words of the Axl camp, and the "Slash confessed that Axl won the war" bullshit came from them. I don't think that Slash would have said anything regarding this, and I doubt even more that he used these words. He may see it this way, who knows. But all of us followed this saga in the past 2 decades, so it's sure that the Axl camp likes to twist everything that happened or hasn't even happened and they see it as a WAR AGAINST EVIL, for sure, and they see every action legal, acceptable, normal and deserved against the devil. Even their lies.

Here is the exact quote, I'm still unsure if Slash used the word "war", or it's only the Axl camp's translation.

"Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Slash came to Axl, and it wasn't to plug the latest VR record. If Axl wanted Slash to cave that's his moment right there. Slash didn't deny anything in that statement. Or he did, but then he didn't, something like that. I think we all know the jist of that confirmed visit was around the lines of "Alright, you win, let me back in the band".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

misterID, what songs do you think Ashba can write that Slash wouldn't or couldn't write.  I don't look at any of GNR's current Axe men as great song writers..

I wasn't talking about Ashba, but Finck and BH along with that 02 line up... Otherwise, just talking the current lineup today, I'd rather have Tommy, Mother Goose and Dizzy's input rather than Slash, seeing they were a part of writing my favorite songs off CD. I love Pittman's "If The World" and his foundation of "Madagascar", specifically. They were all also responsible for writing songs like "TWAT."

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If he was sooo happy to get rid of him he wouldn't be so obsessed about him.

Axl is a crazy bastard. I'd say it's possible for him to enjoy hating Slash and also be glad he doesn't have to deal with him.

Board footer