You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Budweiser City

-D- wrote:

does make u wonder about Axl's financial situation though.. all of a sudden he's touring like crazy, doing endorsements, selling songs to Gatorade etc.... makes u wonder.

For all you $la$h fucks

Gun$ N' Ro$e$  Axl Ro$e

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yep. He is a sell out now...  Before he had "integrity", now it's, "sell while you can!"

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yep. He is a sell out now...  Before he had "integrity", now it's, "sell while you can!"

They're all sell outs. They just do it in different ways. The name of the game is to make money. No one ever said Axl does it for free.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I was being sarcastic. But years ago people gave Slash major hell..

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yup. For guitar hero especially.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yup. For guitar hero especially.

Never got that. As endorsements go it's an obvious fit. Popular guitar based video game, it's a no brainer to any guitarist. The appearance with Bill Gates was lame but otherwise made complete sense. Likewise it's not like Axls put his name to Disney or something, what's he done in recent times, GTA and beer? I've got no issue with those, don't know why anyone would tbh.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think people had an issue with Slash using his popularity in Guns N Roses to promote himself. Then in interviews, he'd say he wants to focus on the present. Who knows though. I don't remember him ever being asked specifically about the GH ad campaign. GNR was obviously a bigger selling point than VR, so it made sense. But I'm sure some viewed his comments as contradictory to his actions.

Then the whole American Idol thing where he mentored for a week and made at least one other cameo on the show and years later slammed the show and Steven Tyler's decision to become a judge on it. That seemed odd to me. It's cool when he uses the show to promote himself but not when others do?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

In Slash's defense on the GH hero thing, the commercial I saw of him had him playing Slither, nothing by GNR.

But yeah, performing on AI and then on the album of one of the contestants, which is bad in itself imo, but THEN slamming the show afterwards is way lame. It's a lot of little things like that that make me really not trust anything he says. That's just me of course.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I don't have a problem with these guys doing other bits and pieces to make a buck but you still have to be somewhat discerning about what you choose to do.  Slash has definitely done the odd cringeworthy one.  AI probably fitted into that.  As ID pointed out to have tried to discredit it (maybe to look cool) after appearing on it was kinda silly.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I for one gave $la$h major hell for selling out in the way he did. It's one thing to participate in American Idol to perform with other artists and pass down your musical knowledge, re-working songs and the like, like Queen did. It's a total nother just using the platform to hawk your wares and new album n' shit. It's lame.

Slash sold out to anybody with a paycheck. Granted he didn't have GN'R still to fall back on, he DIDN'T have a successful touring act at that point, and he had a family at home. Regardless of his motivations, it was lame. Guitar Hero didn't bother me as much, as I enjoyed the game, and I thought it was Slash's way of connecting to a new generation. That's fine. But the corporate thing bothers me.

I gave Axl credit for never making that move. Until now. Axl sold out. Whatever rock n' roll rebel image and all his wordy, infamous "Axl says a ton of... nothing" gibber gabber he's known for, and all this shit about spirituality and all the stuff that makes Axl--Axl, just flew out the door with this. Regardless of how much Bud he drinks, or how big of a check they cut him. Going out with your rebel image, something you've somewhat maintained, despite all the "Sell out" claims, he still had that enigma label. But to sell out, and not just sell out, but to one of the biggest corporations out there....

I'll be informing Anonymous of his information

Board footer