You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

AtariLegend wrote:

Curious though despite all the standard Axl/Slash yada this normally turns into.

Does anyone actually want to see Matt in the band?

The re-unionists are never going to accept it, cause lets be honest they only really care about Slash.

Would others though prefer Matt to Frank? I'm not so sure.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I don't know the amount, but I'm pretty positive Axl had to pay Slash to perform on Estranged and NR. No one remembers this? I thought it was backed up by someone like Tom?

And with all the respect in the world to Chinese Whispers, but just because we can't find an interview saying Axl presented the band with anything doesn't mean he didn't and that was really my point. We don't know. This I love was actually played live during Axl's NR intro back in the 90s. I doubt Slash never heard it or that is was never presented. He's also talked about Axl being into synths and stuff back then. I'm sure he heard some of it, even a little, if he said it.

I would have loved to hear what Slash and Dave Navarro could have done together back then. I would have even liked to have heard them as just a four piece, with no rhythm guitarist back in the 90s. The way Sympathy should have been.

Despite everything, Paul ended up being a great songwriting partner for Axl, though.

I think Axl did present them some stuff sometime. Slash said in his last GN'R days that they were working on some material and that was "Axl's stuff".

(Couldn't agree less about Paul Huge's songwriting skills and the outcome, but that's another topic.)

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Curious though despite all the standard Axl/Slash yada this normally turns into.

Does anyone actually want to see Matt in the band?

The re-unionists are never going to accept it, cause lets be honest they only really care about Slash.

Would others though prefer Matt to Frank? I'm not so sure.

Matt's presence is not vital. I'm fine with Frank as soon as he finally learns how to play YCBM and RQ.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Matt is done. Even if a reunion happens tomorrow, Frank is going nowhere. If GN'R do any special guests, it'll be Steven.

I couldn't imagine Steven or Matt ever being brought back to Guns. I think Brain would get a call again, before Matt.

Still think even with a reunion, it'll be Frank until further notice.

Board footer