You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Slash's Bent to Fly

FlashFlood wrote:

As with World On Fire, there are individual components of the song I like (Myles vocals are strong here and the general structure of the song is good) but it still leaves something to be desired. Not bad by any means at all but certainly not upper-echelon stuff.

maroc_3
 Rep: 3 

maroc_3 wrote:

Gibbo you're reliable! Thanks for upload "Bent to fly"! I can't wait to listen to entire album! I think it's gonna be better than Apocalyptic Love 3

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I listened to Bent To Fly on repeat on the way to and from work today, and it really does sound like an Alter Bridge track, with a Slash kinda vibe.
Even the drum fill at the start when they come after the guitar intro, sounds like something on an AB tune.

Also, the outro of the song kinda reminds me of the outro to TWAT.
Yes, the songs are very different, but just the way it all builds up at the end, Myles is going off with his vocal, and the band is really rocking out, it sounds kinda similar to my ears.
There's a part on the outro solo that Slash is playing something very Bucket-like too, well, like what Bucket plays on the TWAT outro.

Does anyone else hear the similarity?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

There's a part on the outro solo that Slash is playing something very Bucket-like too, well, like what Bucket plays on the TWAT outro.

I don't 14

But I think one of the riffs is a bit similar to the chorus riff of Sorry.

Lomax wrote:

Heavy Myles influence on the writing of this one alright. It's very Myles Kennedy.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I don't 14

But I think one of the riffs is a bit similar to the chorus riff of Sorry.

It's the part in the outro solo where he's doing hammer-ons that sound very Bucket-like

Board footer