You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Slash didn't perform sober before 2006

BLS-Pride wrote:

Saw this over at mygnr. Definitely shows. Especially these last few years. He's really killing it in a live setting lately.

Former Guns N’ Roses/Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash discussed his sobriety in a new interview with BBC Radio 6:

“Well, I wouldn’t die. I mean, there’s some truth to [what Zutaut supposedly said], where it was, like, I finally got to a point where it was, like, ‘OK, I’m not going anywhere, so I’m gonna have to sort this out.’ It wasn’t that I had any kind of a death wish, per se, but I really took everything to the extreme and didn’t care.”

He continued: “I think the only time I got a little nervous was when I was in rehab, there was a point when Velvet went out and did a real quick tour around California [in summer 2006]. And so I left rehab and went out and did this tour, and it was the first time I’d been on stage sober — ever. [laughs] That was a trip and it was a little shaky, but you get past that pretty quickly. ‘Cause you’re in the moment; you can’t just sit there and go, ‘Oh my God, I can’t do this.’ You have to do it. So I got over that pretty quickly.”

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It sober doesn't mean drunk. Not sober means maybe he had a couple glasses of wine or some bears. Doesn't mean he was shitfaced. So there is a huge gap from a drop of alcohol to shit faced.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Were you drunk when you wrote that, SG? 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I took it as drugs too and not just booze. Didn't he have a pill habit in the early 2000s?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

He was huge into wine during VR.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It sober doesn't mean drunk. Not sober means maybe he had a couple glasses of wine or some bears. Doesn't mean he was shitfaced. So there is a huge gap from a drop of alcohol to shit faced.

I think it was varying levels of being non-sober. From full blown drunk, to being tipsy.

But to Slash's credit, he can play some fucking amazing guitar when he is shitfaced... 21 3 9

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

yes... most people can barely function when drunk... That means Slash was a functioning drunk I guess...  lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And he could be way terrible when drunk too, if we're being honest. And BLS is correct, he was big into oxys in VR and went to rehab over it.

Board footer