You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash - World on Fire Out Now

-D- wrote:

Wicked stone guitar blows my mind.

I hear it and say Fuck u Dj slashba

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Album still kicks so much ass... 30 Years to Life is killer as well..  Compare this with the new Sixx AM album.. No contest.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Starting to lose its shine for me. Some of the songs are just beyond cheesy. Avalon is just straight butt rock.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Starting to lose its shine for me. Some of the songs are just beyond cheesy. Avalon is just straight butt rock.

I'm kinda the opposite, a few of the songs I wasn't so keen on, have really grown on me.

I still really don't like Avalon, Dissident or Iris Of The Storm, and they could've easily been left off there.

But the rest ranges from good to great.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Album still kicks so much ass... 30 Years to Life is killer as well..  Compare this with the new Sixx AM album.. No contest.

I listened to the iTunes samples of Modern Vintage, and yeah, I didn't like most of outside of a few songs.
Sounds way too pop for my liking.

Stars is still a pretty damn good song, but if we're comparing guitar work between DJ and Slash on their new album, Slash wins hands down.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I hate the wimpy dramatic vocals too on Modern Vintage. Myles sometimes gets wimpy sounding too, but is a much better singer than that guy.

Safari Inn is all kinds of awesome. Also Too Far Gone is so killer.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

This is sort of an odd appearance by Slash to promote the album, but the article is a little harsh.

http://www.noise11.com/news/slash-saved … -279125517

Slash Saved By Tony Abbott

by Paul Cashmere on October 6, 2014

Slash’s irrelevant performance at the NFL Game Final in Sydney last night would be the talking point of today if Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott wasn’t there as well.

Abbott, the most despised Prime Minister of all-time in Australia, was given an instant opinion poll from 83,833 footy fans who booed when he was introduced by MC Ken Sutcliffe at the match.

Abbott gave the 80,000 plus fans a reason to forget the Slash performance earlier at the game.

Early Slash’s performance had people asked the simple question “why?’. The placement of Slash playing guitar to a pre-recorded music track gave credibility to Gene Simmons’ recent statement that ‘Rock is dead’. Here we had one of the greatest guitarists of our time making a mockery of his own heritage.

Slash performed a “product placement” advertisement for his new album and tagged it off with a ringtone version of his classic Guns ‘n’ Roses piece ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’.

He could have been the most unnecessary guest at the match. Thank God he had the most unpopular Prime Minister in Australia’s history to save him from the fate.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

What a dumb article!!!

While it was an odd song choice I'll admit, Slash wasn't miming HIS parts, its just the backing that was pre-recorded because the band wasn't there.

Slash played his parts really fucking well if you ask me!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash should have turned it down or forced them to pay for the band to come.

Lomax wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

What a dumb article!!!

While it was an odd song choice I'll admit, Slash wasn't miming HIS parts, its just the backing that was pre-recorded because the band wasn't there.

Slash played his parts really fucking well if you ask me!

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash should have turned it down or forced them to pay for the band to come.

You two are just pissed because the article is 100% right and on point.

Board footer