You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash - World on Fire Out Now

Lomax wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Yeah I have pre ordered 6 copies for me and my mates from jbhi

I love the excitement of buying a good CD in the shop. It pays the artist and the shop too I suppose.
I can remember every step f my trip to the CD shop to buy Bowie's last album in 2012.
Haven't bought a physical CD since. I usually just itunes everything. I like the ritual of it though. It feels like a celebration.
The cover art on this CD is soo cool that I want it on my shelf too!

Probably going to buy a few physical disks this year if Lenny Kravitz new album is as good as Slash's and I'm get Buckcherrys new EP and along with Sixx Am if the downloads are up to scratch.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Lomax wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Yeah I have pre ordered 6 copies for me and my mates from jbhi

I love the excitement of buying a good CD in the shop. It pays the artist and the shop too I suppose.
I can remember every step f my trip to the CD shop to buy Bowie's last album in 2012.
Haven't bought a physical CD since. I usually just itunes everything. I like the ritual of it though. It feels like a celebration.
The cover art on this CD is soo cool that I want it on my shelf too!

Probably going to buy a few physical disks this year if Lenny Kravitz new album is as good as Slash's and I'm get Buckcherrys new EP and along with Sixx Am if the downloads are up to scratch.

Ill be the first one too download an album until i get it. I live in a small town with no music shop for like 200 km so I have to wait a week for it too rock up in the mail. The copy getting around now is only recorded from the stream at 192kbps so the cds gonna sound a lot better big_smile

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I'm sincerely waiting for it to be released so I can listen to it properly.

The big difference between this and CD leaks are that you never knew if CD was going to see the light of day anyway so why wait? With WOF, I know for a fact it is going to be released in a few days so I can hold out smile

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Well, listened to it and, although it does sound more like a "band" compared to Apocalyptic Love, to me it sounds uninspired and "more of the same".

I really think Slash could push the boundaries a little more.. I mean, he's the guy who wrote Coma, Locomotive, the guitar melodies on Estranged, November Rain, the guitar outro on Breakdown...

World On Fire sounds like an average 80's hard rock band record making a comeback. Which is not bad, but is not good.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Did you really listen to every song?

otto

otto wrote:

Yes, I did.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Interesting you think this sounds like same ole Slash.... Cause some of this playing very impressive.

otto

otto wrote:

Guitar wise it is an improvement over the solo cd and Apocalyptic Love. But it is not there for me songwriting wise.
Some of the solos and intros sound dated to me.. I mean, come on, how many songs with guitar and open hi hats at the beginning can you have? big_smile

To me it sounds, in a nutshell as:
an improvement on guitars (even if sometimes he sounds like trying to 'prove' he can shred)
stale food-y songwriting.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Im impressed w how well you can hear the bass on this album.

Im the king of taking multiples listens to "GET" something.  First couple I shared Otto's sentiments.  Blasting in the car today,  it's starting to reveal itself to me and I think it is bad ass.

I always buy on itunes for ipod, googleplay for phone and I preordered classic rock pack.
I got two cars so will pick a physical up at a shop just to keep in there.

Dissident is my current fave song.

Board footer