You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash - World on Fire Out Now

metallex78 wrote:

The album is out in Australia today! 9 5

I think Wicked Stone is the best track on there! 21 3

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

What should be the next single?

I think Wicked Stone personally

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yep Wicked Stone

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Ill be going to the store shortly and will stop at my record shop. Excited to finally take a proper listen.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I haven't listened to many of the songs and was on the fence about buying it, but my Sirius radio crapped out on me last week so I might purchase it once I get sick of listening to terrestrial radio in my car. Which shouldn't take long.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Got the album. I'm still sinking it all in but the so far I do enjoy as a whole more than AL but there are no Anastasia moments on this record as of yet for me. Slash does rip through out and really shows his chops as a guitarist but the song just isn't there on a few tracks. It's definitely dirty and groovy in sections.

I was worried then I got to Wicked Stone with that dirty intro. Good song all around. A standout. Although Automatic Overdrive is pretty good dnd will give Shadow Life another listen. 30 years and Snowblind I am digging as well. Too Far Gone is a highlight for me and is followed by two great tracks Beneath the Salvage Sun which is definitely a heavy moment on the album. Witherd Delilah has a great groove too it. And a pretty sweet intro. Not really feeling Dirty Girl.  Undecided on Iris of the Storm leaning towards not very good. Avalon picks it back up again. Love the intro on The Dissent more than the actual song. 16 Safari Inn is a pretty good instrumental. The Unholy is a pretty decent track. Draws out a little but ends really strong.

That's from a first listen. It may change. I never listened to Bent to Fly by mistake so still gotta check that one out.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Took a few listens to digest, but I can say that this officially kicks fucking 10 tons of ass.

LOVE IT! !!!!!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Just finished listening. It's a fun listen but really, if you think this is some sort of revolutionary Slash album, I just don't see it. Smoking Guns, I know you love it, and I can certainly see why, but I think the shine will wear off on this one in a year or so.

When I have more time, I'll go track by track.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I listen for the guitar first but that said, I like a lot of Myles work on this!

Board footer