You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Slash week on SiriusXM

faldor wrote:

First off I'm pissed my Sirius radio crapped out on me on Friday so I haven't been able to listen to Stern or Slash week in my car today or the rest of the week until I get a replacement.  Any other week! 17  But they're broadcasting a concert from Slash and the boys in 5 minutes and I'll be listening online. 5

http://www.siriusxm.com/octane

Slash Week

Starts Monday 9/15 at 2 pm ET

Hard rock legend and iconic guitarist Slash has a new album out on 9/16, and he’s coming to Octane to celebrate! Call in to a LIVE radio show featuring Slash and Myles Kennedy to ask them questions as they take your calls and debut songs from the new album, World On Fire, on Monday at 2 pm ET/11 am PT.

Then, later that evening at 8 pm ET/ 5 pm PT, hear an intimate and private concert from Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators LIVE from Santos Party House in NYC for Sirius XM subscribers only!

You can hear replays of both shows and song intros every hour all week as Octane presents SLASH WEEK!

Radio show airtimes:*
1.    Monday 9/15 at 2pm (Live)
2.    Tuesday 9/16 at 6pm
3.    Wednesday 9/17 at 8am
4.    Thursday 9/18 at 9pm
5.    Friday 9/19 at 12pm

Concert Airtimes:*
1.    Monday 9/15 at 8pm (Live)
2.    Tuesday 9/16 at 12am (West Coast Replay)
3.    Wednesday 9/17 at 9am
4.    Thursday 9/18 at 3pm
5.    Friday 9/19 at 9pm
6.    Saturday 9/20 at 6pm

*All times are ET

Slash will also be on Stern tomorrow and they tweeted a pic of his gear today so it looks like he'll be performing in the studio along with the interview.  Looks like I'll be going into work a little late tomorrow. 9

faldor

faldor wrote:

Setlist

You're A Lie
Nightrain
Halo
Standing in the Sun
Back From Cali
Stone Blind
You Could Be Mine
Doctor Alibi
You're Crazy
Not For Me
30 Years to Life
Rocket Queen
Bent to Fly (premiere)
Starlight
World on Fire
Anastasia
By the Sword
Sweet Child O' Mine
Slither
Paradise City

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

3 songs of last album? Wtf!!!

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

3 songs of last album? Wtf!!!

So far they're following the same set they played in CT a few weeks back. They played 3 new songs at that show.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Good interview on Stern this morning. The entire band was there and performed "World on Fire", though the interview obviously focused on Slash. Myles spoke for a little bit at the end about jamming with Led Zepellin. Zero questions about Axl this time around, so maybe Slash's complaints about all the Axl questions from Howard last time had somewhat of an effect. Or maybe it was the simple fact that the entire band was there to promote the new album, so any questions about Axl would've been out of place. I'm sure Slash was pleased with it. Have to give it to the man. He knows how to sell himself and his product. This is how you do it. The interview overall was nothing groundbreaking. Nothing new was learned for any of us. But it's good exposure for Stern iisteners who may not follow Slash's every move. Have to hand it to Slash. Appreciate his work ethic.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good review Faldor!  Buy the album. It is killer!!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Thanks dude. Id like to actually hear Myles on the Zep shit more than Slash since it wasn't anything new.

Board footer