You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

Re: 2006 Tour Retrospective - Resurrected

bucketfoot wrote:

I think it's a good summary and good speculation for the most part.

The recording in January was most likely recording Baz on 'Sorry' and maybe Axl re-recording his vocals to play off Baz's. Who knows. And regardless of 'Better's' great hook, I'm not too certain on it being the lead single. In it's demo form it was a nice poppy song to get some people like "who is that...sounds interesting...", but lead single? Why? Because it was the first "new leak" and some hipster blog said so? Remember someone told chubby Madison in 2002 what the lead single was going to be, but of course she didn't fess up to who or what song.

I do agree that 2006 would have been a great time to release the album, but I think it's erroneous to think that the momentum cannot be regained. Lets see, biggest band in the world to 7 years of silence, replace every member but Dizzy, there's momentum....aborted tour in 2001, momentum again... aborted tour in 2002, amazing momentum...and a great tour in 2006. Granted 2006 had the most momentum and the most active GNR year since 1993, but hey, who am I to doubt Axl. He's proved me wrong enough times already.

They just need to get the album out and play some shows. Snap, crackle, pop, Axl's back in the saddle again-nuhhhh.

Oh and people dissing the new songs, did you notice that they are demos? Demos as in "not finished"? You make me want to punch you in the mouth. I like the songs and I'm still going to like the songs when they are finished. I dig the lyrics and I have a good idea of what they're going to develop into. Fact remains though, they aren't done yet. If you don't like them when the album comes out, that's fine, but atleast you won't be making an erroneous judgment.

And Buzzsaw, sorry dude, but you should probably take a breather. By your logic, most of the songs on the Illusion albums aren't good because they're 8-minutes. Breakdown, November Rain, Estranged, Coma, etc. Afterall, those songs are bad because they're too long. Right?

What about Led Zeppelin's 'Achilles Last Stand' or 'Stairway to Heaven' or 'Kashmir'? Those are 8+ minutes?

GNR has always been over-indulgent, but does that mean the songs are bad or no one wants them? Nope.

Some of you need to take a break. Rather than getting all pissy at Axl or whoever why don't you just listen to the music when it comes out and take it for what it is? I'm sure that you'll like it more and be more happy than getting wrapped up in politics that we, for whatever reason don't have the best vantage point on.

What we do know is that the album is finally done and having some birthing pains getting out of the womb. Hopefully the bitch will finally pop out and then we can be over the misery of all the hormonal bullshit of the last 10 or so years.

I hope that you'll look for any truth in what I say and forgive any directness, I mean the best. Regardless of what you think about new or old lineup, I thing Axl is one of the greatest song writers and lyricists ever and even though I have my reservations about certain things, he's not some talentless hack walking in off the street making this CD. That's why I think the CD will be great. Because your biggest critic is yourself and he's been fighting that one in the ring for 15 years. And if he's confident about putting something out, I'm inclined to think that it will be great. Whether it sells 10 copies or 10 million.

"In the end, it's just an album, but it's one that I, the band, our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N' Roses album. "

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Oh and people dissing the new songs, did you notice that they are demos? Demos as in "not finished"? You make me want to punch you in the mouth. I like the songs and I'm still going to like the songs when they are finished. I dig the lyrics and I have a good idea of what they're going to develop into. Fact remains though, they aren't done yet. If you don't like them when the album comes out, that's fine, but atleast you won't be making an erroneous judgment.

How do you know you're gonna like the songs when they are finished? Remember, they're only demos.:haha:

If someone is making an "erroneous judgement" about the songs because they are demos, then so are you.

Funny you want to "punch someone in the mouth" for having their own opinion about the songs, but continually post your own opinions about the songs.

Might want to punch yourself in the mouth, since you commit the unforgivable sin of having an opinion.

Some of you need to take a break. Rather than getting all pissy at Axl or whoever why don't you just listen to the music when it comes out and take it for what it is? I'm sure that you'll like it more and be more happy than getting wrapped up in politics that we, for whatever reason don't have the best vantage point on.

You're barking up the wrong tree. "Realists" know this is just gonna be an album. Nothing more, nothing less. We haven't pre judged it as the greatest record ever made.

You need to aim those remarks at nutswingers who think this is gonna be better than the invention of the wheel and who cant leave fantasy land long enough to realize GNR's heyday is long gone.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

These songs are rather complete to be "demos" i'm not saying they wont change...they prolly will but if they do it'll more likey be more stuff added to the top of the pile...look at what we call the 99 leaks, the 02 leaks and the 06 leaks each one was like the other with more layers added on

you want to here a real "Demo" go check out the Nov Rain demos....those are totally unfinished and raw.

going back to the new songs...i like them, i really do....but i can also be critical..better is my fav of the leaks followed by IRS but it doesnt mean that i dont think they are peiced together from many songs....they didnt get coined Bi-Polar rock for no reason

bucketfoot wrote:

And Buzzsaw, sorry dude, but you should probably take a breather. By your logic, most of the songs on the Illusion albums aren't good because they're 8-minutes. Breakdown, November Rain, Estranged, Coma, etc. Afterall, those songs are bad because they're too long. Right?

we encourage all opinions here...so dont go around telling peopel what  they can do and can't...and last time i checked you arent staff here so don't be telling our members to "Take a Breather". If you actually read buzzsaws post, he was saying that it will be hard for the songs to do well in todays scene cuz they are so long...the attention span of the average listener today isnt that great....most songs on the radio these days are under 4 minutes.

instead of punching people in the mouth and telling them to take a break....why dont you argue your point a bit better....make them see where you are coming from 22

Boston George
 Rep: 1 

bucketfoot wrote:

Oh wow. yikes Here's the cold hard reality about these "just demos": They really aren't that great. They're ok, but to those who think they're going to re-define rock or people's jaws are going to drop in awe when they hear them, think again. Most of these nu songs have been in circulation for years and from what I can see, the majorityof Joe Public could give 2 shits less. If you're thinking some publicity would change this drastically, again I disagree. Axl can spend another year or 5 adding synth, an orchestra, or 2 or 3 more guitar players, and it's still not going to change the majorities opinions on these songs. They are what they are. Several years old and dated sounding for the most part.

Personally, I'd be willing to give up Axl's "vision" of what GN'R is, along with his 60-70 earth shattering songs, for a one-off reunion gig of the classic five.  21

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bucketfoot, the demos from 07 like Chinese Democracy, The Blues, There Was a Time and Madagascar are pretty much finished versions. They're just unmastered. If you don't like those versions, you probably won't like the finished product, because nothing musically is necessarily going to change, other than added clutter maybe.

That being said, I love those songs except for Madagascar.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Boston George
 Rep: 1 

I'm just really hoping that the songs we've heard so far aren't the ones people are describing as "mind blowing."

hmm

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer