You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Mr ID and Axlin16

johndivney wrote:

I dunno. Reunions can be just as hit or miss as normal gigs. Some nights the magic is there, captured for that brief moment/couple of hours/a song. Some nights it just doesn't come off - technical issues/mood of band/audience not getting off.

I don't think it's something you can just throw at reunions. There are plenty of gigs I've been too where the band/artist has had an off night.

I am sure tho, seeing axl n slash (& duff iz & Steven) on the same stage would generate some mystical energy that would counteract any negativity.. As long as they even attempted to deliver a performance, of course. I mean they've still got it, even if it's only attitude in some cases. That magnetism has a lot to offer. Where I'd prob cross the street to get away from an oasis or a the jam reunion..

johndivney wrote:

& I fucking hate the smiths too. I don't hate oasis & don't like Paul Weller/the jam. But the smiths be one of my most loathed bands.

Sky Dog wrote:

The quality of a Gnr reunion would all hinge on a motivated Axl...comes in fit and spry...sounding good...looking good. He would have to be much better than he was in 2014. The rest of the band (original 5) would be solid....maybe better than they were back in the day.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Led Zeppelin! The Smiths! The Jam! They should all reform! Why? So a load of middle-aged people can stand in the O2 and go, 'They're not as good as they used to be.' It'd be the same with Oasis."

At least he's being honest about it!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What songs off of "World on Fire" would you be okay with Axl singing on?  I don't remember a review from either of you about the album.

Axl has enough problems singing his own songs in 2014, let alone anyone else's.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So basically neither of you gave it a listen. There is some badass playing there and some songs in studio Axl could have killed on. Point is, if a reunion were to happen, in a studio setting, GNR could be great again.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No, I was trying to spare your feelings. I did listen to World On Fire when it first came out.

I honestly thought it was the worst thing Slash had done since Ain't Life Grand. hmm

I'm sure there's some great playing on there dude, but I just can't get past those awful AWFUL vocals and forgettable melodies.

I'm sure Slash could be great, if he had the right vocalist again, and the same goes for Axl. They don't need each other, but they need something more than they have that's for goddamn sure.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

So you based Slash off Myles vocals? Makes zero sense, which is why is said what tracks would you be interested in hearing Axl on. Beneath the Savage Son, Wicked Stone etc.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't listen to guitar. I'm a vocalist by random trade, so when I listen to music, I hear vocals & melodies first. Even with instrumentals I hear piano and melody first. Drums second. Effects third. Bass fourth. And usually everything else, including guitar comes after.

We've discussed this before on here. You, as well as Intercourse and some of our Aussie fans, are guitarists and always hear riffs and rhythm first.

Slash could have the second SCOM solo on World of Fire. If Myles is shitting all over it, it doesn't make one fucking iota to me. And i'm not just picking on Myles. This was my issue with the ENTIRE Velvet Revolver catalog. I always felt VR was a talented BAND. But i'm not into Bowie-vocals. Never have been, and the only time I am into them is when they are turned parody. Kind of like when Craig Ferguson will do David Bowie or Lou Reed impressions. They crack me up everytime, because Bowie's vocals (although his MUSIC is great), Bowie's vocals are a joke to me. Ha ha funny funny. Never have I ever been able to take them seriously, with maybe the so exception of Under Pressure. Scott Weiland sings almost identical that, and thus... I could never feel it.

I like Myles more, but when Myles goes high (which he seems to only do now), he sounds awful. Like bang the gong awful. I'll take Mickey Mouse wheeing Axl any day, 'cause at least he gets his pitch right, even when he fucks up. Myles... jeezus H.

Anyways, i'll go back and listen to those specific songs again... and i'll let you know.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, point of the thread was to block out Myles and imagine Axl singing over the music. When I hear songs off CD, I can imagine Slash playing on them, just like you should be able to imagine Axl singing on Wicked Stone.

Board footer