You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Stay of Execution

misterID wrote:

One that features Duff and Izzy. The Vegas residency got better AFTER the performance they shot for the DVD.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

While that is prolly true, SOE is now getting dangerously close to an AFD rehash.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I would buy that show with Yesterdays, 14 Years, the Nic Cage intro, and Duff & Izzy. The stage set was even better.

I think a new show would include new music. They need to find a new guitarist first, though.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I've leaned towards some kind of live release since I heard about it. Too me it screams residency. Maybe a new one? Maybe just another dvd/cd combo of a show.

A live dvd featuring performances from the whole Era of new gnr would be a cool idea.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The name suggests a residency of some sort. Is it not a lot of trouble for just a residency though, would they go to those lengths to protect the name? Maybe they would, it just makes me think perhaps it's a bigger deal than just a residency ie more at stake and more associated with it than the previous Vegas shows.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

seeing as everyone missed my last article, heres another one. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen … -1.2197280

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Um, DJ's saying the band's on hiatus. We know as much smile

But since you brought it up, it reminded me of those rumors of Axl retiring Guns.

“Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas,” a source close to the band tells RadarOnline. “Axl (Rose) is considering retiring and it’s done. Band members and support staff were surprised when told the news and are actively looking for work.”

The article was posted on the first day of the 2014 residency (21st May). One ulterior motive could've been to circulate a rumor of farewell shows to the tourists. What it says about the crew being notified is certainly plausible.

A few weeks into the residency, came the Revolver interview.

Axl wrote:

We have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That’s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That’s been done for a while, too. But after Vegas, we’re going to start looking very seriously at what we’re doing in that regard.

The next thing you know, Ax applies for the SOE copyright - a live 'thing'. It's starting to look like another residency in 2016, possibly in Vegas as the deal could've been reached with Hard Rock during the '14 residency.

Then, the residency is over, crew is let go, Axl starts looking very seriously at what he's doing with albums... Stay of Execution starts now!

Sky Dog wrote:

Except that was almost a year ago!

Sky Dog wrote:

Maybe Axl is actually doing now what Brain thought he was doing during the recording of Chinese...

"...he's literally sitting there like King Arthur with seven chicks on his pipe." axl

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

maybe a new band name, with a few carry over members while GNR goes on hiatus, only to be brought back to life if all the original members feel like re-uniting?

Board footer