You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Stay of Execution

otto wrote:

Caught this at GNRTruth but don't know the original source on the forums.

Axl trademarked the name "Stay of Execution" by the end of the last Vegas residency, in June last year.

stay.jpg

Speculations are about a new band, a new album or even a new name for a residency/tour.

What do you guys think it might be?

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Call me naive, but I'm hoping this is a sign that there's a new album coming soon. Which in GNR world, would mean the next five years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

According to people at GNRtruth the next album could happen at the end of the year.

I always wondered if that picture Axl tweeted in the studio was new artwork for the next album.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll go with new album...why not?

johndivney wrote:

I thought that pic was just an homage to poltergeist or something..?? My memories a little fuzzy atm.. wink

Stay of execution sounds like a possible sequel to IRS.. Or one of the other handful of songs he has about lawyers!
He should really do a cover version of warren zevons lawyers, guns & money!

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

i think its the name of a new residency in Vegas.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Its for digital media; cd, dvd, film, etc. Not typical just for a residency or a band name. It's a trademark for music, website and concert. I think it's for a new album, tour (or residency), dvd, website and merch.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think it's for a new album

If true, Axl better do it at a much faster pace than before because I can assure you that the media and fan patience over any potential GNR project is razor thin. A 2nd album by any lineup will not be fueled by years of speculation, rumor,etc.  Also, Stay of Execution just doesn't have the same 'pull' as the title Chinese Democracy, although I don't care what it's called.

Someone in the GNR camp should comment though if there's anything to it. If they don't, I'm just gonna consider this info irrelevant.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

If there truly is a new album to be released soon, Axl better do his part his time and promote the shit out of it. He needs to do a Rolling Stone cover story interview, giving his side as to what went wrong with the whole Chinese Democracy debacle, and why it's gonna be different this time. He needs to do the rounds on the talk shows and the syndicated radio shows. He needs a music video to promote the single. And when a new song leaks and gets played on the radio, they need to run with it and build momentum not send out cease & desist orders.

I really do think that Chinese Democracy could have been huge, if released  a few years earlier before record sales imploded, and had it been properly promoted. Instead, it was just dropped like a turd at Best Buy and quickly forgotten by the general public.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but Chinese was marred by a ton of inner turmoil between Axl and the label, as well as disagreements with who should release Chinese, how, why, dollars, etc., and I think Axl at whatever point just walked away from it. That's not counting the emotional shit involved, and the fact Azoff manipulated out of his hand.

I am NOT making excuses for him AT ALL. I'm trying to make a point...

This time is different. This is ALL Axl. There's no baggage here. There's no requirements. There's no $14 million dollar weight around his neck. There is no Slash weight around his neck.

This time, it TRULY is HIS baby. Whatever he thinks of these Chinese leftovers, or whatever new DJ tracks might show up, is all his deal. If he fails to promote this, do any work involved, show band support, this will entirely be HIS doing. No more excuses, no more band to hide behind. No management to hide behind.

If he drops the ball this time, it's because he just doesn't give a fuck, and can't be bothered to promote his own material. Nobody is buying this shit because of DJ or Tommy. They are buying it because of Axl Rose. The great genius. Your move.

I also wonder, if the wheels are actually turning, that might be why Ron is acting so pissed right now. Could it be that Axl finally decided to get the band in the studio, and told everyone when to be there, and they all told Ron, "we'll no longer be needing your services. Oh yeah, and remember that Confidentiality Agreement you signed. Thanks for 10 years of service... oh yeah get the trash and the lights on your way out"

???

Board footer