You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Stay of Execution

metallex78 wrote:

Further speculation here... is the title "Stay of Execution" actually something to do with Axl's letter of appeal to the two drug smugglers who were just executed? In that they were in a "stay of execution" leading up to their executions.

The plot thickens...

Lomax wrote:
Will wrote:
Lomax wrote:

You just register the term as a trademark and then if someone tries to use the term as an album title you block them.
For example, I couldn't name my next album "Mitsubishi Lancer", because that is a trademarked term so Mitsubishi would block me.

In the UK at least I know you have to specifically state what industry your trademark applies too, so this isn't definitely accurate, though it may be different in the US and elsewhere of course smile

You can search UK trademarks here. If you search "lancer", like your example, you'll see "Lancer Evolution" is only trademarked under class 12 (which is automobiles etc). You would have every right to file for a trademark under Class 9 since it's a completely different industry (Class 9 includes compact discs, DVDs and other digital recording media).

Wills "Mitsubishi Lancer™" album coming soon.

Did not know that Will. That makes more sense though the more I think about it.

metallex78 wrote:

Further speculation here... is the title "Stay of Execution" actually something to do with Axl's letter of appeal to the two drug smugglers who were just executed? In that they were in a "stay of execution" leading up to their executions.

The plot thickens...

YESSSSSS

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The copyright was a while ago, though. It might just be a weird coincidence.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

its been happening for a while. its probably not some sort of coincidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bali_Nine

misterID

misterID wrote:

SOE takes on a lot deeper meaning now.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Here you can play the copyright game. Stay of Execution is currently in step 8.

2014-12-23 NOA E-MAILED - SOU REQUIRED FROM APPLICANT

The NOA is not a registration, but indicates that the mark will be allowed to register after an acceptable Statement of Use (SOU) is filed. The deadline for filing an SOU or request for extension of time (extension request) to file an SOU is calculated from the date the NOA issued. If the applicant does not file an SOU or extension request within 6 months of the date the NOA issued, the application will abandon.

Within 6 months go to step 9a or step 9b or step 9c.

By June 23rd, the copyright claim will be null and void unless Ax applies for a 6-month extension (up to 2,5 years in total) or provides with a Statement of Use. In the latter scenario, the copyright would be his in around August.

Lomax wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Here you can play the copyright game. Stay of Execution is currently in step 8.

2014-12-23 NOA E-MAILED - SOU REQUIRED FROM APPLICANT

The NOA is not a registration, but indicates that the mark will be allowed to register after an acceptable Statement of Use (SOU) is filed. The deadline for filing an SOU or request for extension of time (extension request) to file an SOU is calculated from the date the NOA issued. If the applicant does not file an SOU or extension request within 6 months of the date the NOA issued, the application will abandon.

Within 6 months go to step 9a or step 9b or step 9c.

By June 23rd, the copyright claim will be null and void unless Ax applies for a 6-month extension (up to 2,5 years in total) or provides with a Statement of Use. In the latter scenario, the copyright would be his in around August.

Just in time for CD 2

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I foresee an extension and then , hopefully, a November release

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

Honestly, I don't see the album being released until 2016. Think it will be somewhere within November 2016. In my opinion Axl will probably want the new guitar player to bring something to the album, since Bumblefoot is apparently gone. I hope I'm wrong though.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I really hope it's not that far away. I have no idea what could be the delay from releasing it this year, unless he's searching for a new guitarist.

Board footer