You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Atlas Shrugged

zombux wrote:

AND the original Beavan version as well!

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I wasn't gonna get greedy. 16

My interest in CD falls along Axl, Bucket, Brain, Pitman lines so anything that maxes out my favorite dudes, I gotta go for first.

It'd of course be killer to hear that too.

zombux

zombux wrote:

don't forget Robin, Josh Freese and Tommy Stinson, all those had a HUGE influence as well during that era. hard to say about Paul Huge.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Yes of course but if I had my way, it would be maximum Bucket on new Guns stuff. Especially on the melodic tunes.

Maybe the universe will allow us to hear the alternative versions one day.

zombux

zombux wrote:

yup. as much I love BBF's versions of most solos and all that additional stuff that most people seem to sharply dislike, I'd love to hear the older renditions as well.
and now, please excuse me you bastards, I've just started listening to HOB 2001 after many many years again and YOU are to blame for this! big_smile

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Shrug my Atlas.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

"It sounds like Madagascar on Zoloft"

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
Gong wrote:

"It sounds like Madagascar on Zoloft"

Not exactly an inspiring description. I would naturally listen as I love Zo... I mean Madagascar.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I stumbled upon this and thought it was humorous...

Classic Rock wrote:

"In addition to these leaked tracks, Classic Rock has heard versions of Rhiad And The Bedouins, Prostitute, Atlas Shrugged (another track featuring the signature guitar of Brian May) and Silkworms." (Classic Rock, 07/07)

Mick Wall wrote:

You’ve got to remember as well that there have been versions of this CD kicking around since 2001 or 2002. There’s one record company executive, who I dare not name, who was playing privately for journalists in London in the summer of 2007, his version of the album, which dated back to when he worked on the project — 2001 or 2002, when it was first on the schedules to be released. And these were finished tracks.

Source: https://www.wired.com/2008/11/mick-wall-takes/

I guess that solves that one. 16

Give me that sweet, sweet 2002 CD. bucket 11

That would be the Bucket & Brain / Roy Thomas Baker / Tom Zutaut album, the dog poo/chicken coop edition. They were finished tracks. I'd assume Axl's vox was (mostly) from the Beavan's sessions, aside maybe the 'new' songs, like Scraped and Shackler.

In late 2001, Axl became sole producer. He was pleased with the Village Studios dude, Caram, who was made the next Bill Howerdel, his personal studio guy. Next thing we know, Marco Beltrami and Paul Buckmaster visit the studio, doing in elaborate background sections. That's what Ax felt the album needed.

For the record, Ax apparently really wanted RTB to come back, and got angered by the cold shoulder. If you look at CD's credits, RTB's contribution is marginalized to 'additional preproduction', which itself is attributed to his company; ouch! He was in for around 1,5 years, to be sure.

Both RTB and Beavan got an album's worth of music out of Axl within 1,5-2 years. That's a reasonable timeframe and had Mr Anxiety played ball, he would've delivered the works required to move on. Axl took somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 years to complete his version of the album, as the work depended on his nebulous timekeeping and inability to choose.

Again, had this been part 3 of an already ecletic trilogy, with two prior parts out, he would've gotten away with it.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Does anybody know what exactly did Billy Howerdel do in the studio for Axl ? I know he`s credited for TWAT but it`s vague what his job was.

Board footer