You are not logged in. Please register or login.

SlashySlash
 Rep: 0 

Re: DJ has left GNR

SlashySlash wrote:
misterID wrote:

6 years ago I received a call that changed my life forever. The call was from a dear friend of mine (Katie McNeil-Diamond) who was working with Guns N’ Roses. It was an offer to audition for Axl Rose and earn a role in arguably the biggest rock band of my time. While I thought it was a complete long-shot, I decided to go ahead and give it a try. Much to my shock and surprise, I got the gig. And so began the most incredible journey I could have possibly imagined. I was blessed with the opportunity to not only work with one of the most talented bands but also to share the stage with a living legend and a truly gifted human being, Axl Rose. The amount of confidence and trust that Axl placed in me was genuinely heartwarming and truly career-defining. In the years that followed I traveled the world many times over and played these incredible songs night after night to the most enthusiastic and loving crowds. As you can imagine, the friendships that were forged during that time were deep and long lasting. But the most beautiful surprise of all was YOU... the fans. You welcomed me into your lives with open arms and showed me love and support that I could only have dreamed of. From the very first time I stepped on stage and started playing "Welcome To The Jungle," and felt the crowd erupt, I knew my life would never be the same. I'm not gonna lie...I was terrified!! But you were so accepting. You immediately turned my fear into pride. For that, I am truly grateful.
So now it is with a very heavy heart and yet great pride that I announce that I've decided to close this chapter of my life and encapsulate the wonderful times that I've shared with Guns N’ Roses into fond memories. I have reached a point in my life where I feel its time to dedicate myself to my band Sixx:A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me. I have always been driven by my passion for creating music and Sixx:A.M. has always been a place where I can express myself honestly and share that passion with my two brothers and bandmates, Nikki Sixx and James Michael. As you know I have also been blessed with the love and support of my incredible wife, Naty, who has been at my side for much of this amazing journey.
As I sit here writing this letter, I want to take a moment to thank Axl from the bottom of my heart for not only the most incredible experience of my life, but for truly believing in me. You are a true friend and a champion of mine and I am forever grateful. And even as I move on to pursue other endeavors, I will always remain one of your biggest fans. I also would like to thank each and every one of you fans for your love and support throughout the years. Without you, I am nothing. Please know that I do not take one minute of this amazing life for granted.
I hope that you all join me as I forge ahead. Let's conquer the world together!
With love and respect,
Dj Ashba

Not sad. Hope this brings back Robin, Bucket or Slash.

sad sad

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl may dump the rest of the CD material, but I think that band as a touring entity is done.  Maybe he'll throw something together for a few shows in LA or Vegas to celebrate clearing the vault, but I don't see a full-blown tour with the CD group or some form of it happening.

I believe the time is finally here that we will see Slash and Axl back on stage together.  It won't be this year and it may not be until late next year or even the following year, but that's what I think.  Or maybe it's what I hope.  At this point we're all really just guessing anyway.

Sky Dog wrote:

I would be very happy with that scenario...release the second album...small tour....then get the boys back together and start printing money!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Any chance of NEW material with the ACTUAL band, is gone. There's a reason BOTH DJ & Ron walked out the door. I highly doubt Axl is re-staffing Guns in the studio with Richard on lead, Tommy on rhythm guitar, Duff on bass, and trimming back the band to the old Guns style, but with Axl, Richard, Tommy, Duff, Frank & Dizzy, and running out a tribute band to the old Guns.

Axl has made it very very clear, as well as every single band member associated with Guns, including Chris, that GN'R aren't doing anything fresh, and Axl has no plans of it -- ever. All the material that's in the vault, and will be on any future new album, is vault tracks. Guess what that means? They're Robin, Bucket & Brain tracks held over from when they were actually recording material a decade ago.

The only thing Axl has up his sleeve are these Chinese leftovers. That's it. And the interest is absolutely nil. The only thing I could see turning any kind of profit is a dump, and charging a higher price for it.

It's insane that in 2015 the only material he has is from those late 90s-04 sessions. INSANE. He wound up proving me right that he/new GNR were never as ambitious as people were led to believe. If you think about it, new GNR from its beginning has been nothing but nostalgia tours disguised as Chinese Democracy tours with intermissions of silence between those tours.

Axl painted himself into a corner with this Chinese Democracy crap, mainly the length of the saga and the popcorn fart that was the finished product. Like you said, all he's got left is songs from those same sessions.

I wish Uni would release a statement about this GNR situation. I have absolutely no idea how you could possible market/promote a GNR album that everyone and their grandma knows was recorded 13-14 years ago and pretend that its new. It's going to need some sort of gimmick to draw attention to it, that's for sure.  I know we've talked about an Echo of Miles type release before but I don't even know if that'll work in this situation.

Von's right. If there's any realistic possibility to move forward he's got to get this Chinese monkey off his back. It's too fucking late in the game for fans to STILL be waiting to hear that material.

I honestly think there'd be an even more negative backlash from the forums against the band if Duff joined full time and Izzy showed up more often.

I agree. Either go balls deep into a reunion or move forward like he pretended to do 15 years ago. No more of this half assed shit.

I wish him luck figuring out his next step, although if the next step is nothing or another nostalgia tour he doesn't need any luck. He's an expert at those two things.

And I think Robin is realistic for coming back, IMO.

Why? Nothing happened the last two times he was in GNR and his last recording sessions with the band were 10+ years ago.  Unless he just needs the money...

Sky Dog wrote:

He may need the money and he may also want to see the songs he wrote released....pretty logical stuff. I don't currently see him on the cover of Rolling Stone or doing interviews with Billboard so he just may be interested in getting back in the game.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

284lqq.png
DJ Facebook, 07/31/15

After the laughter. A slight change of tone from

The amount of confidence and trust that Axl placed in me
...genuinely heartwarming and truly career-defining.
...play these incredible songs night after night to the most enthusiastic and loving crowds.
...the friendships that were forged during that time were deep and long lasting.
...the most beautiful surprise of all was YOU... the fans.

The FB tweet is more, 'The level of abuse from everyone and (at times) Axl was all but devastating. I got called out for who I was and who I was not. You're all mad.'

AtariLegend wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

http://i60.tinypic.com/284lqq.png
DJ Facebook, 07/31/15

After the laughter. A slight change of tone from

The amount of confidence and trust that Axl placed in me
...genuinely heartwarming and truly career-defining.
...play these incredible songs night after night to the most enthusiastic and loving crowds.
...the friendships that were forged during that time were deep and long lasting.
...the most beautiful surprise of all was YOU... the fans.

The FB tweet is more, 'The level of abuse from everyone and (at times) Axl was all but devastating. I got called out for who I was and who I was not. You're all mad.'

As someone not familiar with social media/searching facebook. Is there a screen shot or link the FB tweet?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

That's the screenshot, found it here.

On DJ's FB feed, there's a gap between posts made on July 18th and August 11th. That image came out in between, as well as his resignation letter from Guns.

He's deleted all (recent) Guns posts from his FB.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I always questioned how dj's relationships with both Nikki Sixx and Axl could survive

DJ and Nikki will be full blow Sixx A.M. one the Crue tour is finally over

Losing him in GnR really is a big blow in my mind...he was a perfect fit

I know alot of people don't like him for whatever reason. ..LA rocker cliche ...or whatever...I don't care about that stuff...gnr is LA Cliche...maybe he wasn't perfect for avant gard craziness 2001 gnr...but he fit the mold for 80-90s gnr

johndivney wrote:

i didn't like him cause he was a dope.

seriously, sanctimonious ego-tripping jerkstores who claim the morale high ground when saying shit like, "i'm grateful.. for all the people who have let me down.. for all the scars i had to collect on the way", those self-involved godshite people just drag me the fuck down no end. they'd be emotional terrorists if they weren't so fucking pathetic & see-thru.
get the fuck over yourself & your phony fucking image & look outside for once in your goddamn life. he thinks he's got problems?! jesus christ almighty, what a dope. good riddance. glad i'll never hear from or about him again except as footnote to this disappointing gnr-era.

Board footer