You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: DJ has left GNR

apex-twin wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Haha that Axl fella is funny! He pulled a off a belter when he uncovered this priceless Slash parody.

You know, subconsciously, it may hap just been so.

DJ might've struck him as someone who can be more Slash than Slash.

DJ gave them the kind of person Axl's said Slash is.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Neemo wrote:

Why a poser? he went thru the LA rounds to get to where he is...maybe his image is a bit fabricated, but it works, doesn't bother me, I met and talked to him after one GnR show (London 2011 I believe) he was a really cool down to earth guy, no pompousness or arrogance, didn't try to sell me any of his gear lol 16 ... he was like someone I could hang with

That's why social media should be avoided at all costs 16 in my experience ... what you see on there rarely reflects the real person especially if that person is a celebrity ... they have an image to maintain for public consumption ... whatever they chose that image to be ... if its even them posting the shit to begin with ... dude makes a living off music and selling "swag" its no different than seeing a commercial for doritos or whatever...the sale media he uses just isn't a television

Ron and DJ were my favorite guitarists in this band since Slash left ... just sucks ... but hey, par for the course

perhaps I was too optimistic to think the revolving door had stopped turning ... that'll teach me

I know this wont sway anyone's opinion of the guy...just my perspective 19

That's really cool to hear man. I didn't have issues with DJ either to be perfectly honest.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

God that clip sounds terrible.

Yeah Finck was polarizing thats for sure. His disinterest in fans was awful. Julita(evo member) ran the best finck site for years even kept it going during dead periods. Spent years compiling info,pics,etc. She reached out to him a few times & he ignored her. At that point I didnt give a shit about him. For someone at Finck's level to ignore the ONE person dedicating a chunk of their life to him was inexcusable. Even she got sick of it and gave up. Way to go Finck!

Has Bucket ever commented on his involvement with Guns outside the album linear notes? I know he done a silly interview while he was in the band for MTV where he only talked through a puppet, but anything else? Just curious.

Unfortunately no. People "in the know" have said Bucket doesn't even want GNR OR Chinese Democracy brought up in his presence. I heard a few years ago he even refused to autograph a copy of CD for some fan. Maybe Bri knows more about this.

I felt like a goddamn idiot wearing that GNR shirt when I went to see Bucket in Frisco. People near me got handed a toy. I didn't. Coincidence? 16

slashsfro- do you have that patience clip?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Haha that Axl fella is funny! He pulled a off a belter when he uncovered this priceless Slash parody.

You know, subconsciously, it may hap just been so.

DJ might've struck him as someone who can be more Slash than Slash.

DJ gave them the kind of person Axl's said Slash is.

Axl wanted Slash to be Jeff Beck. That's not who DJ is.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I was never fond of the guy or am now but the two shows I saw a few years ago he really entertained and gave the crowd his all so I can't really be too negative about him but I still think he's kinda a douche. But a douche who knows how to give the crowd what they want.. some of the time.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The fun starts at around 4:40 (solo) and around 6:00 for Axl's reaction.  He just stands there and looks at DJ with a WTF is he doing there reaction.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The fun starts at around 4:40 (solo) and around 6:00 for Axl's reaction.  He just stands there and looks at DJ with a WTF is he doing there reaction.

And then there's that side. I'd like to like the guy but this just prevents me from giving the old full thumbs up

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

that clip cracks me up every time 16

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

God that clip sounds terrible.

Yeah Finck was polarizing thats for sure. His disinterest in fans was awful. Julita(evo member) ran the best finck site for years even kept it going during dead periods. Spent years compiling info,pics,etc. She reached out to him a few times & he ignored her. At that point I didnt give a shit about him. For someone at Finck's level to ignore the ONE person dedicating a chunk of their life to him was inexcusable. Even she got sick of it and gave up. Way to go Finck!

I guess that always also depends a bit on his mood. When I was waiting for the band after a show in 2006 and I got my pictures with Axl & Dizzy, he didn't want to do picture. I don't blame him though. If he is not comfortable doing that stuff, he does not have to.

But speaking of Robin fan sites: http://www.fincktheworld.com/experience The owner of this blog seems to have established a very good relationship with him...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I honestly never got into DJ Ashba in GN'R. I get that he's a good showman, but it all seemed a little forced to me. When Robin invented the whole "tease the audience with the opening notes of Jungle" thing, he did it very casually, organically. DJ added all those posturing hand gestures.

With Slash, Robin and Buckethead's playing, you could feel the emotion, like they were pouring themselves into every note; with Ashba, he'd always add a predictable, unnecessary flourish (especially noticeable in things like the TIL solo). I'd listen to him playing a familiar solo and think, "I bet he's going to add a trill there," and lo and behold, there would be a trill – which wasn't in the original solo because it wasn't necessary.

I think his additions and alterations of the solos annoyed me more than Robin and Bucket's, because they felt false; a simulacrum of emotion rather than the emotion itself. In that respect he's a bit like Myles Kennedy; he hits every note, but without any feeling.

Board footer