You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: DJ has left GNR

Rex wrote:

Guitar players like DJ are a dime a dozen. Looks like GNR doesn't plan on doing anything. Not anytime "soon" anyway.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think members leaving is a good thing for the supposed "Vault". Seemed like every time they got a new member they wanted them to fuck around tracks that had already been recorded for years (Fortus, BBF) and I'm sure they were doing the same with DJ.

Mix em up and put them out there and close the book on the whole thing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Insiders are saying this will have zero effect on the next album's release which still looks like it's still on. Jim at MSL's site said DJ was leaving ten days ago. And this was expected.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What does he think of reunion?

AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think members leaving is a good thing for the supposed "Vault".

Call me cynical, but I believe this too well at least as far as DJ/BBF go. I wouldn't have been too optimistic about anything DJ had a part in writing and thankfully this rules out the chances of "The General" ever getting leaked in 2029 and having DJ playing over Fink/Bucket.

I loved the idea of the 2002 line-up and whatever it was Tobias brought to the music. I liked the unique look the band had at during the early and mid 2000's. Fink's choice of clothes never bothered me unlike some when I watched live videos, same for Bucket. DJ though, I just get uncomfortable watching him on stage with a top hat, smoking and well just that look. He might as well be some from Hanson.

Sky Dog wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think members leaving is a good thing for the supposed "Vault". Seemed like every time they got a new member they wanted them to fuck around tracks that had already been recorded for years (Fortus, BBF) and I'm sure they were doing the same with DJ.

Mix em up and put them out there and close the book on the whole thing.

yep

Sky Dog wrote:
Cramer wrote:

These guitarists are starting to remind me of an internship program.

Thanks for the opportunity, now I must go on into the world.

Reunite, or just shut it down. A third rate guitarist like DJ quitting is simply pathetic.

It's like Spinal Tap's drummers...in the end, no old school Guns fan cares if DJ leaves.

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

no old school Guns fan cares if DJ leaves.

I don't think fans of any era care that much.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe he will release album as a solo effort and do a new album or tour with old band.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe he will release album as a solo effort and do a new album or tour with old band.

Board footer