You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: DJ has left GNR

James wrote:

This was six years overdue. I said from the beginning he would be a touring guitarist only and nothing would be released while he was in the band. People said I was crazy.

misterID wrote:

Not sad. Hope this brings back Robin, Bucket or Slash.

CD era members aren't coming back. No reason to. In 2015 it doesn't make sense to bring back people who worked on material a lifetime ago. Wishing for CD era members is more of a pipe dream than wishing for a reunion. At least a reunion at some point before we're all dead makes sense. I'd love for the 2001 lineup to come back and unload two albums but its not happening. It wasn't happening in 2001, and its not gonna happen now or in the future either.

Cramer wrote:

Reunite, or just shut it down.

I think he's already shut it down and did so awhile ago. It's why a stream of members are publicly leaving. I would wager more members have already walked away as well.

I would rather get an album than a reunion right now but IMO the ship sailed on CD II.  There's no logic in him releasing an album now that was recorded so long ago.

At this point the reunion window is obviously still open.  Window for CD II is painted shut.

Anyone who wants an album better pray for a skwerl leak.

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

no old school Guns fan cares if DJ leaves.

I don't think fans of any era care that much.

Yeah, sadly I don't think anyone cares who goes through the revolving door anymore.

When you can be in GNR for six years and do nothing but tour the hits, it's obvious it doesn't matter who is in the band.

Last guitarist standing is Fortus. Now THAT is sad.

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe he will release album as a solo effort and do a new album or tour with old band.

I would like that for sure.....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If he did that, that would be the most integrity based decision he has made in a long long time.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't see how Ron/Ashba being out changes anything they're as interchangeable as Gilby Clarke was. I know it sucks to say that about BBF, but it's true. Neither wrote any of the music. Even if Fortus left to an extent.

If Tommy was the one who left however it'd be a bit different.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What does he think of reunion?

Nothing in regards to a reunion per se, but dropping big hints about Slash. It's pretty clear Stay Of Execution is going forward no matter who is in the band.

What I gather, if it ever happened, it would be Slash and Duff joining the existing band.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't get why you need a monster player like Fortus to play chords next to Slash who will play all classic leads. Would be talent overkill. Fortus could play the CD leads I guess. Would like to see Gilby or Izzy back to play with Slash.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What does he think of reunion?

Nothing in regards to a reunion per se, but dropping big hints about Slash. It's pretty clear Stay Of Execution is going forward no matter who is in the band.

What I gather, if it ever happened, it would be Slash and Duff joining the existing band.

That's a pretty bold thing to hint about.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How is it "pretty clear" that Stay of Execution is on track? Nobody even knows what it is. Even if its an album, I dont see any signs of a release.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

If he gets Slash back in the fold and let's Slash play lead on some SOE, he will have a free promoter. He would bust his ass to promote anything he is part of.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How is it "pretty clear" that Stay of Execution is on track? Nobody even knows what it is. Even if its an album, I dont see any signs of a release.

Some very good insiders who have schooled everyone with info; from Axl recording in LA to DJ quitting. Of course, its up to the individual what they want to believe.

Board footer