You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: DJ has left GNR

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What does he think of reunion?

Nothing in regards to a reunion per se, but dropping big hints about Slash. It's pretty clear Stay Of Execution is going forward no matter who is in the band.

What I gather, if it ever happened, it would be Slash and Duff joining the existing band.

That's a pretty bold thing to hint about.

You know how I felt about Axl and Slash playing together again, that it would never happen. I'm now convinced we'll see it in some form. The hints are also coming from GNR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How is it "pretty clear" that Stay of Execution is on track? Nobody even knows what it is. Even if its an album, I dont see any signs of a release.

Some very good insiders who have schooled everyone with info; from Axl recording in LA to DJ quitting. Of course, its up to the individual what they want to believe.

Obviously I've been MIA for quite awhile.  What's this info that makes everyone think an albums imminent?

You were around since the beginning of that CD saga. Need I remind you?

James

James wrote:

Wait a minute.  ..now Slash is gonna be on this album?

When did this happen?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nothing in regards to a reunion per se, but dropping big hints about Slash. It's pretty clear Stay Of Execution is going forward no matter who is in the band.

What I gather, if it ever happened, it would be Slash and Duff joining the existing band.

That's a pretty bold thing to hint about.

You know how I felt about Axl and Slash playing together again, that it would never happen. I'm now convinced we'll see it in some form. The hints are also coming from GNR.

I guess I'll start hoarding vacation time for the next couple years.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How is it "pretty clear" that Stay of Execution is on track? Nobody even knows what it is. Even if its an album, I dont see any signs of a release.

Some very good insiders who have schooled everyone with info; from Axl recording in LA to DJ quitting. Of course, its up to the individual what they want to believe.

Obviously I've been MIA for quite awhile.  What's this info that makes everyone think an albums imminent?

You were around since the beginning of that CD saga. Need I remind you?

MSL brought together these guys. Mygnr and the press use their info. Whatever their connection is its really close to the band. The fact I've been around since the beginning should tell you something. These are the only guys I believe. Way more closer than mysteron.

Slash isn't on the album, but there apparently has been some connection between the two camps since Slash's divorce.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So have they made an official prediction or just speculation that is open ended?

James

James wrote:

Whats the actual details known about this album?

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So have they made an official prediction or just speculation that is open ended?

I wouldn't call it an official prediction, its really ambiguous. These guys were not Slash fans and they were not pro reunion. But something is going on. And they keep pointing to the complete 360 of Del towards Slash that its no coincidence.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Whats the actual details known about this album?

Just that its going to be the second half of CD. Everything we knew already. Mad (skydog) might know more. He knows those guys info better than I do.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This was six years overdue. I said from the beginning he would be a touring guitarist only and nothing would be released while he was in the band. People said I was crazy.

I distinctly remember you saying that. Have to hand it to you. You were dead on.

Why can DJ write this letter confirming he's moving on, but Ron can't? Possible he signed a NDA?

I would love a reunion, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I do think it's more likely now than ever before, but there's still a long way to go to get to that point.

Never/always a dull moment. wink

Good luck to DJ. I'm sure he'll be more productive in his future endeavors. Without a doubt. dj

Board footer