You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: 2015 NFL & Fantasy Football

What have you guys made of Jarryd Hayne at the 49'ers so far?

I'm a big RL fan so was gutted when he left the sport. Hope he goes well in the NFL though, he has the running game to be a success I think.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I haven't watched any preseason. Crazy. I don't like the direction the NFL has been going in the 21st century. Still a fan but I don't watch ESPN/NFL Network daily like I used to.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Sorry gang, just apologizing in advance I work Sunday & will likely be on Auto-Draft mode.  I know thats annoying to you all waiting the full 2 minutes or whatever. I like logging in for the draft & chatting, and the thought process behind picking too.

No worries tho, just wanted to let you all know in advance.

You probably won't be the only one. I didn't realize it was Labor Day weekend when I set the date. I could change it, but finding a day and time that works for everyone can be tricky.

Sometimes auto drafting works out pretty well. I know I personally overthink things while drafting, and that's not good. The only big negative is that they'll draft you a defense and a kicker way too early. Unless you put them all on the restricted list I guess. Might as well roll with it though. All that being said, I prefer to draft my own team. Then I can blame myself when my team sucks.

It's cool Faldor, it'd be too difficult to find a date/time for everyone anyway.  I wish yahoo had more options for setting automode  tho.  With we could suggest position by round, for instance 1st Rd QB, 2nd rd WR, 3rd rd WR 4tth rd RB etc... and then kicker defense & backup QB in the final 3 rds. May not be the wisest way to do it, but I'd prolly like to try it that way.  No worries tho, can't wait to see my team!  Trust the Universe:)

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I haven't watched any preseason. Crazy. I don't like the direction the NFL has been going in the 21st century. Still a fan but I don't watch ESPN/NFL Network daily like I used to.

I don't really like preseason as the games don't mean much and I really can't watch more than 2 quarters at the most.  Thank god, college football is starting and the games will mean something. 

And you're not missing much with not watching ESPN, they're garbage these days (aside from airing the games).

Did we ever have a survivor league set up last year or something?  I know we had the pick em league with confidence points.

Actual news:

Brady won his appeal and had his suspension overturned and is now free to play.  I only care about this because I got auto drafted Brady in another fantasy league.

And the Redskins are an entertaining joke with all that's gone on in the past week or so.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I fucking hate the preseason because of shit like what happened to Jordy Nelson. Out for the season in a totally worthless game.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Preseason needs to be cut down to two games. Hell, maybe one. Just let them do training camp and call the one week of preseason "fan appreciation week" or some shit and then start the real season.  Like slashsfro said, it means nothing and of course the players are just risking injuries.

I liked those pick em leagues we used to do.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Gooddraft everyone. ..I kept getting kicked out and missed on a couple picks I was after...but still ended up with a pretty good team...well see how the year pans out

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I got my butt handed to me on a silver platter!   My teams ok, but when Eli Manning only gives you 3 points geeez, it's not looking good.  Whats worse, Axl Rocks/Maria Sharipova who I played started Matt Forte & Chris Ivory who each got about 25 points.  I had those guys in the past & they were average all year long lol.  And that was a few years ago which is about a decade in RB years.

55.90     Points     133.65

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I won last week despite having Andrew Luck crap out a bad game against the Bills and having 2 WR combine for 8 points.

My RB's this year like last year are very suspect. 

Oh well, at least the Titans won and destroyed the Bucs in Tampa.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

My RB's this year like last year are very suspect.  .

Me too, RBs are hard & will make or break your team.  QBs are all pretty close in points, some just have bad games (INTs, no TDs), WRs are pretty deep, but RBs age quickly & get injured, and a rookie or 2nd year player comes outta nowhere to have a great year. Then some just revert into backups.

Board footer