You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: monster truck

BLS-Pride wrote:

Caught the new single on radio today actually. I liked what I heard. Gonna check the shop tomorrow and see if they have it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Neemo caught these guys early.... they would be a great opener for GN'R on a Canadian tour as well as some northern dates imo. What massive exposure they'd get in a stadium setting.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Made it thru the album once so far...pretty good stuff again tho there are a couple ballads this time around

Black forest was pretty cool for a ballad...channeling some skynyrd wink

Or the enforcer, their take on an arena sport song (NHL has actually used it already)

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Thanks for this thread!
I listened to all the tunes. God I love Southern Rock!  The singer at times sound very soulful. At other times he sounds very generic and like a copy of singer from Shinedown. I like the songs!  Great grooves, guitars, vocals. A good band. Nice production.

Some of the guitar tones are a little too gainy for his style of music. It is like they have Zakk's tone kind of but playing with the level of chops slightly below that of Marshall Tucker band and way below that of the Allman Brothers band. The guitar tone works great on some tunes and not on others.

The songs are pretty simple for the most part as are the lead lines. I was waiting for a amazing solo, lots of space there for one, but there still many "good" solos.

Conclusion. The sum is greater than the parts. As a unit you have a good band. But nobody in the band blew me away.
Overall I like them and it would be killer if they open for GNR.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm trying to wrap my mind around Canadians doing the best Southern Rock out there today...

My head hurts

johndivney wrote:

Playin Belfast in March.

It's a Monday night gig so I'll not be able to party like I would like & give it the respect it deserves, or disrespect I should say. Prob just standing at the back & having one or two pints. Ideally I'd get so steaming I could barely remember the gig.
But it's cheap so there's that.

They actually played here a few weeks ago, supporting nickleback at an arena show. I obviously didn't go to that.

Looking forward to it.
The Monday thing is a drag tho. A few of my friends would love this sorta gig but I prob won't be able to convince them to go. Why do they put gigs on during week nights?! I imagine this would be a good drinking gig. I'll still go & see what the craic is.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cant wait to hear your review/opinion of their live show

I've seen them 3 times now and its always been a good time

johndivney wrote:

Aye good show. Woke up yesterday not feeling too well had the runs & was thinking about maybe giving it a miss, but in the end I'm glad I went. Really loud & they put on an arena sized show in a small club.

Suffered a bit tho that I wasn't boozing & it was a Monday night. If it had been on a Friday or Saturday I'd have enjoyed it that much more. By the end it was starting to drag a little. Didn't hang around for meet & greet or whatever as I had to drive home (& take a shit).

Board footer