You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

misterID wrote:

According to MSL and others there wasn't communication until the Vegas DVD, where Slash, for the first time, allowed for a release for a new era live DVD. There was also a thing Perla tried with a GNR trademark, and other stuff, that Slash apparently squashed when they separated, which seems to be the catalyst for them talking.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:

I wouldn't say he has a point.  If he had said Axl isn't in as good oh shape as he was 5 or 10 years ago, that would have been a point.  Calling someone a fat bastard is an insult.

A dick move no matter the circumstance.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:

@apex - hell yes it would.

I still think Axl has that in him though.  There were a couple of shows in Vegas last year where he was on fire, and he very well may be getting into fighting shape as we speak preparing for next year.

Reunion or not, I'm excited for what's to come next year. Well, hopefully next year. Lol

He needs to hook up with whoever is helping out Bruce Dickenson or Chris Cornell.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
In April 2012, Slash wrote:

"He hates my guts," says Slash. "It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … s-20120402

In Oct 2012, Axl wrote:

The odds of a Guns truce:

"I feel that ball's not in my court. I'm surviving this war, not the one who created this war."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/musi … e/1669329/

In Aug 2014, Slash wrote:

“I’m not bored with the fascination with [Guns N’ Roses music]. What I’m bored with is all the brouhaha with stuff the media have no idea what they are talking about.. the causing of unnecessary conflict between the original members... I’m sick of it.”

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/ … 80658.html

In Sept 2014, Slash wrote:

Duff McKagan has performed a few gigs with Axl’s current lineup of Guns N’ Roses, which leads me to ask: Do you ever foresee a time when you might write and record with Axl again?

People have been speculating about it for years, but I really have a hard time picturing it... because I’m always focused on the next show. There hasn’t been any communication along those lines between he and I.

http://www.guitarworld.com/world-fire-s … ns-n-roses

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

@apex - that last quote sounds like they may have already been communicating at that point, just not about a reunion.

The earliest clue that things maybe changing, that I recall, was Axl's Golden Gods speech, when he thanked all past members.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

That was late April last year.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

The DVD was released in June '14, that's consistent with the idea that communication started because of the release.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Axl will take it all in stride, it shouldn't be a hang up. He might even joke about it. If he could put up with all the bullshit Ron's camp did, especially on social media, this is nothing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah Axl's silence speaks volumes. If his state of mind was like it was during previous CD era years where the GNR camp was obsessed with Slash, they would not sit back in silence while this story builds. They would have jumped all over Slash with that cancer bullshit and there's no way in hell Slash's brother could dodge bullets.

It doesn't mean a reunion but in the least it means Axl is in a different place. That can only be a good thing. The constant Slash references from Axl, Beta,Del,etc. during the CD era, specifically 2006, were vomit inducing and embarrassing. The war among fans during that period even worse.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
RaZor wrote:

@apex - that last quote sounds like they may have already been communicating at that point, just not about a reunion.

The earliest clue that things maybe changing, that I recall, was Axl's Golden Gods speech, when he thanked all past members.

Especially when taken in context to his previous quotes they have definitely talked.

RaZor wrote:

The DVD was released in June '14, that's consistent with the idea that communication started because of the release.

On previous releases they've communicated through lawyers. I don't think a new release is much reason for them to have met. I'm leaning towards Slash extending a peace offer. Possibly to do with not having Perla around anymore.

Board footer