You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

James wrote:

Considering what may be on the horizon, I decided to watch this for the first time in many years.......

Strange seeing this now. It's so awkward for so many reasons. Crazy this got a major buzz back then but of course he ruined it immediately. This 02 comeback makes zero sense in hindsight.

Massive pop from the crowd, especially when compared to the 06 VMA's when you could hear a mouse fart when he went up onstage.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Great news. If they are on good terms, and talking, then certainly the odds of a reunion go up.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

MisterID:
If we wanted to read fantasies from GNRTruth, we would be on that forum, not GNR EVo.
It's a real turn-off to see that shot here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You don't need to be a goddamn "insider" to have known something would happen between the two at some point. It only requires common sense. It's the only logical direction for Axl/GNR to go at this point.  IF something is in the pipeline, during negotiations they're not  going to go "Oh wait. We cant do it. A thousand nerds on the internet have been waiting 7 years for Axl to release a 14 year old album. Damn."

A few years ago I said they had a 5 year window to do this. Looks like I was right. Great!! I predicted it.  I'm an insider now!! 16

Like Will said, the signs leading us here were already there.  It's why all that bring back Bucket and Finck talk when Ron/DJ bailed was so laughable. There was zero chance of that happening.

For the record, I wanted CD II just as much as the next guy.  bucket    All I cared about in the new GNR era was new material. However,  it was a nostalgia act from the get go and since Axl is clearly unable to veer off that path, just bring back the real band for one final overdose of nostalgia. 21

I have no idea what your or gongs problem is, those signs were coming from one place, the same place that I was posting here when you guys were mia, just to let the regulars here know what was up. Jesus Christ. Yeah, whatever, you're an insider, or a genius who predicts everything, good for you, you said something would happen five years ago. I said there would one day be a black president, I'm a psychic I guess. And why you keep going back to Bucket and Robin is beyond me. I said Bucket isn't coming back, Robin is possible but not guaranteed. No reason to make an argument where there isn't one, but again, whatever.  Pick and choose the insider stuff you want to believe that fits whatever you're pushing and toss the stuf that contradicts whatever else you said ten years ago.

I didn't know there were rules about what we can talk about with gnr,  like anything about CD II actually happening is wrong and that's it, especially when people show up out of nowhere to criticise nonsense when I've actually, you know, contributed to the board,while they were gone. Okay, you don't care. Good for you.

And the negative karma is a REAL bitch move. smile

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Easy with them handbags, y'all. It's just a msg board and we're names on the screen, eh? smile

I personally feel the past actions and character of MSL contributes a lot to the perception many people have on his forum, and the scoops delivered therein. I've been there every now and then, my problem is that while some people may have intel (what do I know), there's also this pompous attitude therein that seeps into everything - We know, you don't, sit down.

The lads may just be a bit wary in drawing the discussion into Mr Wrestler and his cohorts. Those people surely know how to promote themselves, for that matter.

Sky Dog wrote:

It's good that they are possibly communicating....ok, we are still back to square one. Any news on new music?

Sky Dog wrote:

for the record, a reunion tour is meaningless to me...of course, I would go if it was in my town, but, in the end, already seen that band when they were in their prime....

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't need to see the fat 50 year olds I play tennis with at the pool recreate It's So Easy ad nauseum.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sky Dog wrote:

for the record, a reunion tour is meaningless to me...of course, I would go if it was in my town, but, in the end, already seen that band when they were in their prime....

How perfectly lovely for you. I, and many others like me, didn't get to see them first time around, so don't have any of those happy memories to humblebrag about. So yes, I would rather like to see the "fat 50-year-olds" up on stage just once in my life.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Great news, I agree it's too soon to predict, but imho it may happen on some level within a few years.  Maybe more of a one off concert or two (Lollapalooza, Coachella), similar to Paul Mcartney w/Dave Gohl & Kris Novaselic.. Although the real $$ is going to be in the tour. I think VH is even touring again.

It'll never happen (due to strict timeliness), but a halftime Super Bowl show would be epic!!  Especially with them seeming to run out of big name acts the last coupla years.

Board footer