You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 612 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

James wrote:

Looks like SG is back on the crack pipe again. Proof? He thinks Ron Wood sucks. 15


tejas, wasn't there a rumor years ago that Keith wasn't even playing guitar on stage but has some guitarist backstage actually doing his material? I don't follow the Stones closely obviously so don't know if this was proven bullshit.

edit: Not talking the SB show, just in general.

slcpunk
 Rep: 155 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

slcpunk wrote:

Will the old guys re-work "My Favorite Pillow"...that's what I really want to know.

Vale
 Rep: 2 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

tejas, wasn't there a rumor years ago that Keith wasn't even playing guitar on stage but has some guitarist backstage actually doing his material? I don't follow the Stones closely obviously so don't know if this was proven bullshit.

edit: Not talking the SB show, just in general.

I call 2 He messes up way too much for that.

As for Axl/Slash, that is very good news for them personally. I doubt that this means reunion though. Slash is moving forward with a third  record with Myles, Duff is working on a new solo disc, a new Mad Season album, and will probably also tour the second Walking Papers disc; and somehow I doubt Axl is willing to throw CD2 away. It might happen some years down the line though.

slashsfro
 Rep: 37 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

slashsfro wrote:
Vale wrote:

As for Axl/Slash, that is very good news for them personally. I doubt that this means reunion though. Slash is moving forward with a third  record with Myles, Duff is working on a new solo disc, a new Mad Season album, and will probably also tour the second Walking Papers disc; and somehow I doubt Axl is willing to throw CD2 away. It might happen some years down the line though.

CD2 has zero value outside of the diehards (and even that is debatable).  But my hope is that they finally release a Bluray of the Ritz Show or any classic show from the AFD era.  It would be nice to see a documentary and concert of the UYI tours as well.

But if they wanted to release a new album I wonder if they could go the Van Halen route and just release unreleased tracks from 1990-1996.  I'm not sure whether or not they have enough material to do that however.

I'm am happy that they finally seemed to have resolved their differences though, especially for Axl.  It seemed like the feud bothered him a lot more than it did Slash.

Vale
 Rep: 2 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

Vale wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

CD2 has zero value outside of the diehards (and even that is debatable).  But my hope is that they finally release a Bluray of the Ritz Show or any classic show from the AFD era.  It would be nice to see a documentary and concert of the UYI tours as well.

I'm sure CD2 has a high value for Axl personally...

James
 Rep: 612 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

James wrote:

It may have a high value for him personally but as far as his interest in releasing it....that remains to be seen. It doesn't make any sense to wait 7 years between albums with nostalgia tours in between. A huge reason why I am much more pessimistic regarding the CD saga now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Looks like SG is back on the crack pipe again. Proof? He thinks Ron Wood sucks. 15


tejas, wasn't there a rumor years ago that Keith wasn't even playing guitar on stage but has some guitarist backstage actually doing his material? I don't follow the Stones closely obviously so don't know if this was proven bullshit.

edit: Not talking the SB show, just in general.

I love Ron Wood. He is cool as shit and has some cool licks. Love Some Girls album. But they did become more sloppy after Taylor left.

tejastech08
 Rep: 193 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Looks like SG is back on the crack pipe again. Proof? He thinks Ron Wood sucks. 15


tejas, wasn't there a rumor years ago that Keith wasn't even playing guitar on stage but has some guitarist backstage actually doing his material? I don't follow the Stones closely obviously so don't know if this was proven bullshit.

edit: Not talking the SB show, just in general.

That wouldn't be too shocking I guess. Keith looks 100 due to all the substance abuse. I assumed that Start Me Up version at the Super Bowl was legitimately him. If they had another guitar player backstage (or a recording), it would have hopefully sounded much better than the broadcast did. I couldn't even really tell it was Start Me Up until Mick began singing. For a song with an instantly recognizable guitar riff, that's a pretty dang bad version of it.

faldor
 Rep: 280 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

faldor wrote:

Great news if true. Still waiting for some sort of comment from either side. You can't drop that kind of bombshell and leave everyone to speculate. Well, GNR can, that's their MO. But Slash has to expand on it eventually I'd think. At the very least, I'd love it if they're at least on better terms now. I'm not sure the public would accept this, seems like it would be an all or nothing situation. But I'd love it if at the very least Slash could guest on a few songs at shows or on the next mythical album. That is of course, if they're not ready to commit to each other exclusively. That would seem to be asking a lot after all these years. Maybe ease their way back into each other's lives. Like some mentioned, Slash could continue with Myles, Axl could continue whatever it is he has planned with an eye towards an eventual reunion. Again, not sure the public would accept that, but we've waited this long so what's the difference? A little progress goes a long way.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor back in the Slash and Axl camp I love it. Welcome back!

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB