You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Question to fans of 01-02 lineup...

misterID wrote:

You could pretty much see the contempt Tommy had with Bucket, there was a show where Bucket is kicking around a severed head on stage during the PC outro, and Tommy went out of his way to kick the fuck out of it across the stage. Total dick move. But its interesting that MSL said there was an email from Tommy stating how much they lost with Bucket leaving, and he realizes that now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

You could pretty much we the contempt Tommy had with Bucket, there was a show where Bucket is kicking around a severed head on stage during the PC outdo, and Tommy went out of his way to kick the fuck out of it across the stage. Total dick move. But its interesting that MSL said there was an email from Tommy stating how much they lost with Bucket leaving, and he realizes that now.

There was also an interview with Tommy after CD's release where he admits that it was pretty much over after Bucket bailed from the project.

I started to like Tommy a lot more after those 08 leaks where his bass is high in the mix and then the interviews where he gives a lot of good info about this time frame of the band.

What show did that happen at? Don't remember it and I'm pretty sure I didn't watch every single show from the 02 tour. I did listen to all of them years ago though.  I think Boston was the best with either Osaka or Tokyo coming in a close second.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

You could pretty much we the contempt Tommy had with Bucket, there was a show where Bucket is kicking around a severed head on stage during the PC outdo, and Tommy went out of his way to kick the fuck out of it across the stage. Total dick move. But its interesting that MSL said there was an email from Tommy stating how much they lost with Bucket leaving, and he realizes that now.

There was also an interview with Tommy after CD's release where he admits that it was pretty much over after Bucket bailed from the project.

I started to like Tommy a lot more after those 08 leaks where his bass is high in the mix and then the interviews where he gives a lot of good info about this time frame of the band.

What show did that happen at? Don't remember it and I'm pretty sure I didn't watch every single show from the 02 tour. I did listen to all of them years ago though.  I think Boston was the best with either Osaka or Tokyo coming in a close second.

I can't remember which show, but I want to say Pittsburgh.

Yeah, love Tommy on those demos. Even The Blues his bass is killer. One of the reasons I hate Ron's parts on CD is that it came at the expense of Tommy in the mix. His riff on CD is a big example. And really, Robin could have done that riff, but more grungy/NIN feel, which would be more organic. Just shows how out of place Ron was in this band. The only thing I like was his contributions to If The World, which was basically background fills.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Thanks. I'll have to check it out.

misterID wrote:

Yeah, love Tommy on those demos. Even The Blues his bass is killer. One of the reasons I hate Ron's parts on CD is that it came at the expense of Tommy in the mix. His riff on CD is a big example. And really, Robin could have done that riff, but more grungy/NIN feel, which would be more organic. Just shows how out of place Ron was in this band. The only thing I like was his contributions to If The World, which was basically background fills.

My favorite Tommy moment on the leaks is his bass tone on IRS. In fact I'm going to listen to it right now.  9

Tommy being buried on the album's mix is one of the main reasons I prefer the 'demos' over the album. I don't listen to CD very often anymore but when I do it is always those 08 leaks unless I want to hear Sorry. Not a huge fan of This I Love and IMO Scraped is noise pollution so its easy for someone like me who really likes certain songs to not even need the actual album.

Question to everyone...

Anyone still have that 2002 radio promo that contained samples of CD, The Blues, and Madagascar? I have not heard those in about 8 or 9 years but I think they sounded different to the 07-08 leaks we got. Those samples from the 2001 version of CD? 11

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

misterID wrote:

My favorite Tommy moment on the leaks is his bass tone on IRS. In fact I'm going to listen to it right now.  9

Tommy being buried on the album's mix is one of the main reasons I prefer the 'demos' over the album. I don't listen to CD very often anymore but when I do it is always those 08 leaks unless I want to hear Sorry. Not a huge fan of This I Love and IMO Scraped is noise pollution so its easy for someone like me who really likes certain songs to not even need the actual album.

Question to everyone...

Anyone still have that 2002 radio promo that contained samples of CD, The Blues, and Madagascar? I have not heard those in about 8 or 9 years but I think they sounded different to the 07-08 leaks we got. Those samples from the 2001 version of CD? 11

I used to play that promo over and over back in the day 16

That opening CD riff was really cool. I've heard those early versions of Maddy and blues that haven't leaked are very different and are a lot better.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

misterID wrote:

My favorite Tommy moment on the leaks is his bass tone on IRS. In fact I'm going to listen to it right now.  9 The 'demo' of Riad is bad ass as well. Funny how I hated that song for years until 08 when it leaked, then became one of my favorites. Musically I think it's the best thing we've heard so far from CD.

Question to everyone...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Is this the one James?

James

James wrote:

Thanks for posting that. That's it.  Title track definitely same vocal take and music from leak. Madagascar probably is but hard to tell. I'm not hearing The Blues. Am I deaf? I could have swore that was on the promo. I guess not.

I'll never forget how us hard core fans listened to that promo over and over like it was Dark Side of the Moon. 14

What a unique crazy ride this has all been for us fans.

edit: Wait a minute, wasn't there a radio promo for this? I assume this is identical as its the same thing(guy yelling over the music) but I remember a radio clip back then, not video. Was The Blues on that? You know how there are usually multiple, almost identical promos for this type of thing. Movie trailers a great example.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I think you may be right. I seem to recall their being a radio promo specifically for the 02 Boston gig which featured a snippet of The Blues. Anyone else remember that?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, its the The Blues outro with Axl screaming ahhhhhhh over Buckethead's soloing.

Board footer