You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Donald Trump running for President

Smoking Guns wrote:

Lord I Pray Cruz will start losing more and more. Big win for Trump and Sanders.

Bush is pulling a small come back.

Time for Carly, Christie, and Carson to gracefully bow out.

Those votes will be fought over big time. That was 16% of tonight's vote!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah these other candidates with no chance are pulling away votes that could go to the serious contenders.

Bush must have put a ton of money into NH. I think its downhill from there...at least I hope. Its time for Kasich to get serious because this is his chance to become the serious opponent to Trump as we get further into these primaries. Time for the media to pay more attention to him. I always liked this guy and I think he can appeal to many voters.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Kasich is the only republican I find mildly tolerable.   

But I'm a Sanders progressive.    No apologies for it either.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Kasich might be the best candidate of all of them--both sides.

Mama's Good Boy

bigbri wrote:

On the off chance he won the nomination, I think he would win the general because of his appeal to the middle/independents.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

If he can gain momentum and become a serious contender, I'd vote for him without hesitation. The only career politician in the race worth a damn.

I just don't see how he can overcome Trump but anything can happen during the primary season.

On the off chance he won the nomination, I think he would win the general because of his appeal to the middle/independents.

I agree.

He's been treated  like a fringe candidate though. He's been ignored the whole time and half the time I forget he's even in the race. 16 The media focuses too much on Trump, Cruz, and Rubio, and a bit of Jeb. They wasted too much time on Carson.

If he can be taken seriously, get proper media coverage, this election gets much more interesting.

In the  late 90s/early 00s  Kasich used to be on a lot of those Crossfire type shows like Buchanan used to. He can definitely appeal to a wide range of voters.

If Trump makes it to the general, if he goes with a politician as his veep, pick Kasich. He should be number one on his VP list.

Mama's Good Boy

Carson did horrible tonight!   What an epic collapse.   Time for him to drop out.    He wasn't ready for this anyway.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agee.. A Kasich VP on a Trump ticket would win.  Both of those men are not crazy right wingers like Cruz... They are center minded.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Kasich has a bit more integrity than that.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Cruz peaked last week. That's it for him.

Rubio (Roboto) fucked up, and it's over.

Big move up for Kasich. I like him the best. I don't agree with 50% of what he says, but I find him to be an honorable man.

Christie would do better if this race didn't include Trump. He's the "strong man" persona, but Trump is even more so. So no room for two of those. Same goes for the evangelical types. There are enough of them to go around, so only one can suck up all the votes (Cruz at the moment.)

Carson is a disaster.

Carly executes well, but is a pathological liar and has no chance. She'll get great speaking fees and book sales from this.

Bush seems to be inching upwards, but it sure doesn't seem like a very good ROI for all those big money donors.

If Trump can lock down the next one, then...

Hillary Clinton, always a bridesmaid and never a bride. If Sanders beats her again, then she's in big trouble IMO.

Board footer