You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: RUMOR: GN'R Reunion @ Soundwave

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Adler deserves to be involved. If they're not going to use him for a tour I think he should at least get to do the whole first show when the entire planet will be tuned in. It's all the guy has ever wanted. I'd like to know Axl's current feelings towards that asinine lawsuit from Adler although we know they hung out in 2006(07?).

Yup, I prefer his playing over Sorum.  And really just playing a few shows for him would provide enough happiness and closure for Adler.  Even though I'm quite curious on how he would sound on some of those Illusion tunes.

James Lofton wrote:

I don't want any members of the CD lineup involved. If Izzy declines to be involved I hope they call Gilby. I don't want Fortus anywhere near it but I could see why they might go with him. He looks like Izzy and would be so low key during it casual fans filling stadiums/arenas might even think he is Izzy. Drummer wise they don't need Frank. If Adler cant do it or they don't want him to there's no reason that Sorum cant handle it.

I know the big enchiladas of a reunion are Axl and Slash but there will be complaints from fans and media if other members from 87-91 are left out.

One little interesting tidbit of a reunion would be if Adler is involved and of course Dizzy for obvious reasons, it will be the first time the two of them will have performed together.

I really don't want any of the CD lineup involved at all either.   Pittman's fart noises don't really add anything to the songs.  I'm pretty sure Izzy would be down for the reunion.  He has said so in the past.  Gilby is fine as a replacement if Izzy choses to bail.

A question I had--if this reunion happens, will Slash and Duff (and Izzy) be happy being employees of Axl or would he actually let them back into the partnership?  Highly unlikely, but still something I find interesting.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Gnr's first real reunion show WON'T be at a crap festival in Australia...are you kidding me? Comical.

^ This!

No way a moment like this (if it were to occur) would be wasted at some festival gig.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Getting butt hurt at this point about the name is meaningless.

100000% agreed. The name issue is irrelevant. I understood the argument early in the saga but once it became obvious he was really going to use the GNR name for CD, that ended it right there.

I think most people are over it. When really hard core old GNR fans like Buzz are admitting the name issue is a dead horse, that makes it null and void at this point.

slashsfro wrote:

Yup, I prefer his playing over Sorum.  And really just playing a few shows for him would provide enough happiness and closure for Adler.  Even though I'm quite curious on how he would sound on some of those Illusion tunes.

Me too. Especially Civil War. Maybe this time he wont trip and fall on his way to the drums. 16

slashsfro wrote:

A question I had--if this reunion happens, will Slash and Duff (and Izzy) be happy being employees of Axl or would he actually let them back into the partnership?  Highly unlikely, but still something I find interesting.

This right here may be what derails it when its time to negotiate. No way in hell is Axl giving that up and if he does, he's even crazier than we ever imagined.

IMO the originals should not make an issue of this. There will be so much money on the table anyways so no reason to even let Axl's owning the name become a major sticking point. IMO its nonnegotiable.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

This right here may be what derails it when its time to negotiate. No way in hell is Axl giving that up and if he does, he's even crazier than we ever imagined.

IMO the originals should not make an issue of this. There will be so much money on the table anyways so no reason to even let Axl's owning the name become a major sticking point. IMO its nonnegotiable.

If they are his employees, who is to say he will give them a good share of all that money? He could just pay them the same thing he's been paying Fortus/Bumble/Ashba.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And hell no if someone suggests Dave Kushner.

That would be too comical. Imagine we would finally get the Velvet Revolver reuinion with 'new' singer Axl Rose.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I think we'd most likely see a hall of fame type scenario where both Matt and Steven are involved. Steven on AFD and Matt on the UYI stuff. I've no idea what kind of shape Stevens in these days, would he be up to it?

I think as far as a first show/performance, should it happen, it'll be either one of the big US festivals, rock in rio, glastonbury or superbowl half time.

I might have said the VMAs at one time but I don't think it has the relelvance or audience to appreciate it anymore.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I think we'd most likely see a hall of fame type scenario where both Matt and Steven are involved. Steven on AFD and Matt on the UYI stuff. I've no idea what kind of shape Stevens in these days, would he be up to it?

See for yourself. Currently taking baby steps to stay focused on the road. He certainly has his work cut out for him, reunion or not. Time will tell.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Clearly Gibbo started the rumor. Haha

big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well we know one thing about this situation.....Adler's ready.

tejastech08 wrote:

If they are his employees, who is to say he will give them a good share of all that money? He could just pay them the same thing he's been paying Fortus/Bumble/Ashba.

They wont do it for chump change regardless of how they've said in the past they want to "do it for the fans".

A Private Eye wrote:

superbowl half time.

This used to get discussed every year but I have always said this will never happen. GNR is just too unpredictable to be at this event. NFL will never allow even a .0000001% chance of a no show, Axl nutting up on someone in the crowd, a riot,etc. to happen with a billion people watching.

Would LOVE to see it though.

Only way they do anything associated with the SB is one of those concerts that happens during the pregame celebrations, which is certainly way too low key for a reunion.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The whole reunion thing is bullshit anyway...don't care if Slash is playing nice. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Gilby...get OVER it already...NOT in the conversation...he is only number 3 in the long list of hired hands. Gnr's first real reunion show WON'T be at a crap festival in Australia...are you kidding me? Comical.

Baby steps...let's get the rest of Chinese THEN tear the house of cards down. Thanks for letting me share...

ps Why is my screen white in the threads? Can't read anyone's posts.

Ahem....!

As the resident Australian still posting here, Soundwave is anything but a crap festival. It draws all the big headline rock acts here.
Over the years Soundwave has had Iron Maiden, Metallica, Faith No More, Slipknot, Marylin Manson, Nine Inch Nails, and a shitload of other international and national bands, and GN'R is no different.

Yeah, it would be an odd place to kick off a reunion, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out them being on the bill or headlining...

Board footer