You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: "Izzy has never completed a major world tour in his entire life."

James wrote:

I can see why some might have issues with it, I like that post you quoted from gtrunk. Anyone who likes to call out some bullshitters gets props from me.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I can see why some might have issues with it, I like that post you quoted from gtrunk. Anyone who likes to call out some bullshitters gets props from me.

Wasn't really doing it to call anyone out, was just using it as an example since someone sent gtrunks comment my way the other day. Just shows how forum rumours can quickly spread and fans take it as fact smile

James

James wrote:
Will wrote:

Just shows how forum rumours can quickly spread and fans take it as fact smile

You mean kinda like how Slash says one sentence & fans think the AFD lineup is about to take the stage.  tongue

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

People keep throwing the money thing around, but Izzy was the guy who asked his accountant how much money was in the bank and then quit when he found out he had $20-25m (equal to $40m in today's dollars). I think he would do a reunion, but not for the money.

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

People keep throwing the money thing around, but Izzy was the guy who asked his accountant how much money was in the bank and then quit when he found out he had $20-25m (equal to $40m in today's dollars). I think he would do a reunion, but not for the money.

If Izzy was in it for the money he never would have bailed in the opening phase of that massive cash cow UYI tour.  Would have raked in millions of extra cash but instead decides to release a solo album that flew under the radar and only sold a handful of copies.

Ever since the beginning fans for many reasons bitch about Axl, Slash, Duff,etc. IMO Izzy is pretty much untouchable when it comes to fan complaints. He does have the rep for not finishing tours though. Only legitimate gripe is how he walked away too early from GNR. That certainly altered the course of the UYI era legacy. He had his reasons though and they are valid.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
Will wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Wasn't one of the reasons that Izzy bowed out of Velvet Revolver because he didn't want to do a full tour - just clubs and bars type stuff?

Yeh there was a story somewhere about how Izzy had suggested that he and Duff share the vocals and they just hire a tour bus and start playing. I think in Slash's book (or maybe Duffs) it's claimed that Izzy only bailed when VH1 showed up to film the process of finding a singer. Not read either in a while to be honest smile

I don't remember in which book it was either, but that story's certainly true. Izzy just doesn't want the drama. A whole world tour with Axl/Slash has its conflicts and drama scheduled. I'm sure he would be up for a few apperances though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I would love to see izzy perform live...never had the privilege. ..from what I understand of him it's his way or forget it...I dont mean it to be derogatpry...he's been there and done that and he has nothing left to prove...and no one left to impress

Board footer