You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Fear the walking dead

Neemo wrote:

Anyone on here seen it yet? I have the first 2 episodes on my over...I need to get around to watching them

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Is this a spinoff or something?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yea it's in LA I think and it takes place leading up to the apocalypse ... Showing the breakdown of society and stuff

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I saw the first two. I liked the first one a lot. But the secondo was eh. Not digging the teenager actor choices. Real annoying. Real fast.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah...the teenage characters are wearing on me a bit thin. They either know too much info of the rules or there just flat out douchebags at times. The adult main cast like Cliff Curtis are pretty great so far. I do like the different perspectives of the area and that they show the spreading of the virus or infection in a slow manner. Seeing people's reactions to it since most of them wouldn't think that's it too out of the ordinary just yet. Getting sick of shows having the overly religious stereotypes. Come on producers. Think of something else. tongue I'm sure the show will improve. It just needs to fix some details and character traits.

P.S. You know we could move this discussion to the main Walking Dead thread since the main show doesn't back till October. The next episode for Fear will be on after Labor Day weekend. Which is the case for most running shows.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Is this show worth it?  I don't have cable but can subscribe to the Walking Dead on a service MGO thru my Roku box.  $40 for the season, comes to about $2/episode - commercial free.   Worth it, so wondering if this one seems worth it too. I'll  likely check it out.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Well it's totally separate from the orig series...different characters and locale

I will comment one I have watched both episodes...do u like the orig series?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I liked the first two episodes because it's definitely easier to relate with. In TWD, everything is already fucked up and you're thrown into this fucked up zombie world. In FTWD, all this shit is happening in what appears to be our every day life. I also like how they're integrating current issues like police violence and riots.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Rex wrote:

I liked the first two episodes because it's definitely easier to relate with. In TWD, everything is already fucked up and you're thrown into this fucked up zombie world. In FTWD, all this shit is happening in what appears to be our every day life. I also like how they're integrating current issues like police violence and riots.

I like that aspect of the show too. I just can't say I really enjoy all the characters yet. Hoping my mind gets changed cause if it works this show could be really good.

AtariLegend wrote:

Ouch was there really a 2 week break scheduled after the 2nd episode? Not good timing when a show gets mixed responses and needs to pick up steam. It's even worse considering it's only a 6 episode season.

Board footer