You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Fear the walking dead

AtariLegend wrote:

Ouch was there really a 2 week break scheduled after the 2nd episode? Not good timing when a show gets mixed responses and needs to pick up steam. It's even worse considering it's only a 6 episode season.

Well the first season of the Walking Dead was 6 episodes too. I definitely agree that they should of planned this spin off a little better to avoid the holiday weekend. Especially since most shows have been doing this in the late summer for some odd reason and yes it does hurt the pace and the attention of viewers. They've already announced a 2nd season of Fear with 15 episodes; so obviously AMC has faith in the later episodes and their showrunner. They can't afford another Darabount situtation.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I just watched the 2nd episode...I'm diggin it so far...society is quickly deteriorating, the police behaviour shows that the authorities know more than the civilians...the mother is quickly doing what it takes to keep her family alive

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Is this show worth watching?  Someone on FB told me 'It won't have a 2nd season'?!  I wasn't sure if she meant its not good enough to have a 2nd season, or if its intentionally written & the subject line was to only be a 1 season show?

Any thoughts?  I don't have cable so I buy good shows (ie ONLY TWD) thru MGO for about $40/season.  Wondering if FTWD is worth the $ & time?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

6 episode 1st season....finale is this weekend

As I understand it's been renewed for a 2nd season...don't quote me on it tho

I like it

Me_Wise_Magic

PaSnow wrote:

Is this show worth watching?  Someone on FB told me 'It won't have a 2nd season'?!  I wasn't sure if she meant its not good enough to have a 2nd season, or if its intentionally written & the subject line was to only be a 1 season show?

Any thoughts?  I don't have cable so I buy good shows (ie ONLY TWD) thru MGO for about $40/season.  Wondering if FTWD is worth the $ & time?

From what I heard it can be somewhat interesting. I've seen the first two episodes; but haven't watched the others. I just find the teenage characters so bland or doing stupid shit that makes them unlikable. They need to change or get bit. Yes they've announced a 2nd season on AMC.

AtariLegend wrote:

Just watched episode 3, I think there's a few to go to catch up.

Way too slow, it's like the worst episodes of the Walking Dead's filler and this is supposed to start the show? I'll watch the rest out of habit, but not too enthused. It's a chore, they literally could have done the first 3 episodes in 1.

In all honestly I don't think this would have been too successful if it wasn't associated with the Walking Dead.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Way too slow, it's like the worst episodes of the Walking Dead's filler and this is supposed to start the show? I'll watch the rest out of habit, but not too enthused. It's a chore, they literally could have done the first 3 episodes in 1.

In all honestly I don't think this would have been too successful if it wasn't associated with the Walking Dead.

This is kinda my feelingson now. This past weeks episode I got through 20 minutes and bailed on it. It doesn't have "it" much like another new show The Bastard Executioner.

Me_Wise_Magic

BLS-Pride wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This is kinda my feelingson now. This past weeks episode I got through 20 minutes and bailed on it. It doesn't have "it" much like another new show The Bastard Executioner.

I hear that's a really good show so far. I've had alot of problems with FX recently. Especially with their treatment of AHS going forward and how glam and showboat it is now. The bigger problem with "Fear" is that there is no need to build up the beginning because the audience as well as fans going back to the comics already know what's going to go down. What they should show is a small unit of characters and have them interact with a world still at large; but slowly deteriorating. The problem is they keep tackling on all these random side plots with characters I could give less of a shit about and add one note characters. I like the parent characters cause they are played by good characters; but that's about it. Everything else feels too convient and you just lose interest ya know.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Anyone watch the finale?

Anyway it was pretty good..I liked the show as a whole...interested to see how next season turns out

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great season. I loved it. The show is as good as TWD.

Board footer