You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Fear the walking dead

Neemo wrote:

I need to start watching more of rhe talking dead....the episodes I've seen are fun

I thought the comment about being related to Rick was a kind of joke...ya never know tho

I heard originally that fear would take over for two and that two may switch to a pay type of show. Just a rumor

Well AMC was having financial troubles as a network for about almost a year awhile back. So it makes since they were thinking of an alternative plan if problems kept coming up. Also the legal matters with the show's original developer, "Frank Darabount" caused them trouble. Alot of it was the network's fault and Darabount's ego. I think Darabount wanted a more movie budget, have more control of the script writing, and stir away from the comics even further with new concepts. Which fans and Robert Kirkman weren't really happy with. That's why Season 2 was kind of a mess due to getting a new show-runner to finish the rest of the Season's run at the last minute.

As for any of the Fear characters being related in some sort of way to the original group, I wouldn't deny it being a possibility. TWD did have some short web series taking place within different areas that had one character related to either being Lori's cousin or brother and being at Rick's induction into the police department from a past photo he re-discovers. Right now the plan is that the two shows will be taking place at different times since Rick hasn't woken up yet from the coma; but in a couple years if Fear is still going on as well as the main show (Which is a guarantee due to ratings, merchandise, and the fan base), who is left in the Fear cast will meet up with Rick and the survivors in Alexandria. It also depends on when Neagan shows up in the main show and what big story line Kirkman wants to do with the comics next. Also any ideas that the network and Scott Gimple have in mind to keep things fresh.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Anyone keeping track of "Flight 462" supposed to get a new cast regular from it

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Didn't someone compare Guns fans to treckies? I guess they posted in the wrong thread.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, you guys said my "holy shit get in this thread" thread was very treckie..

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Season 2 premiered yesterday ... anyone catch it?

AtariLegend wrote:

They commissioned a season 2 after season 1 was several episodes of character development/no plot advancement?

Yikes.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This season sucks so hard thus far. They are so fucking stupid it is hard to believe. Strand and the Mexican fella are the only 2 with any clue.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Didn't someone compare Guns fans to treckies? I guess they posted in the wrong thread.

That might have been me.  There's an old SNL skit where William Shatner flips out on the trekkies at a convention interview and tells them 'For God's sake get a hold of yourself.  Would you people get a life"..

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ … kies/n9511

AtariLegend wrote:

They commissioned a season 2 after season 1 was several episodes of character development/no plot advancement?

Yikes.

Yeah, from what I heard it just barely limped into getting a season 2.  I'm sure AMC could take a loss on it for a bit, as they can amp it up during commercials during TWD, hoping Season 2 picks up.  I heard mixed things about FTWD especially lack of character development. In reading Smoking Guns glaring review;)   looks like I'm gonna pass.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Apparently season 3 is a go according to the talking dead show...I'm still a week behind here

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This show is so horrible so far. These are the dumbest people on earth. I will give it one more episode.

Board footer