You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Tommy's status...hmmmmmmmm

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.startribune.com/tommy-stinso … 323903361/

and we're off!

Decoding Axl Rose is a whole other matter.

Now 48, Tommy has been playing bass with Rose in Guns N’ Roses since 1998. However, even before rumors started flying a few weeks ago about the late-’80s lineup of GNR getting back together, he said his status in the group was up in the air. His last GNR gig was April 2014 in Las Vegas.

“I reach out once in a while to that crew of people — a lot of whom are also my good friends — but I really have no idea what’s going on,” he said, clarifying at least this much: “I didn’t quit the gig or walk away from it. We just all sort of left it in Vegas.”

A postscript, if needed, on his stint in Guns N’ Roses: “I’ll be honest with you: [Axl Rose] was always very good to me, and it was always a really good gig. It wasn’t necessarily the easiest gig, but it was always good. I have nothing but gratitude for it. If they got [the modern lineup] together again and wanted me to play, of course I’d have to think about it.”

AtariLegend wrote:

Looks to me like Tommy doesn't know what's going on, but he'd show up again next tour. I guess it isn't a good sign that he isn't in contact with Axl. I'd thought he'd know more than Fortus.

Obviously of course this is going to lead to people saying he's left the band on MYGNR. Which I think is a bit cynical. I'm guessing this is the same as after any tour?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

geez...the current band appears to be unravelling...if by nothing other than the current hiatus....sound similar?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fortus and Frank the only ones still in loop and maybe Dizzy?

Sky Dog wrote:

I think they were done when Vegas ended. Contracts ended, etc. Axl gave out the signed Chinese platinum records to everyone and ended that era. He played those last two epic shows and moved on.

Sky Dog wrote:

Who the hell knows what we are going to get now...Smoking, I am quite sure no one is considered in the band right now. It is an open book.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I honestly doubt that anyone in the band knows what Axl is doing...does he communicate with anyone at all when he is not on stage with them?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

B3-s31zCUAA4anP.jpg

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I honestly doubt that anyone in the band knows what Axl is doing...does he communicate with anyone at all when he is not on stage with them?

Think he said they might go for a meal or something if they are on tour, but he stressed they are professionals and don't go out bowling on the weekends or anything like that. Chris and I guess Dizzy work with him in the studio on occasion. There's probably not much talk of business.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
source wrote:

He [Bumblefoot] quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band. (WMMR, 07/31/15)

source wrote:

Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas, a source close to the band tells RadarOnline. (05/21/14)

Tommy wrote:

I didn’t quit the gig or walk away from it. We just all sort of left it in Vegas.

Axl wrote:

But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard [CD2]. (Revolver Magazine, 05/14)

Fortus wrote:

This week, he's recording a lot of stuff, vocals... (Guitar workshop, 11/20/14)

Board footer