You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Re: Tommy is out(?)

Vale wrote:

If a (partial) reunion with Duff won't happen, I'm certain Tommy will get the call and be there when Axl needs a bass player. The Mats are over (again) and I don't seem him making his solo career his permanent focus. Sadly, he won't make enough money with it.

jorge76 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're joking, but there wasn't even a sniff of GNR except for that quick mention.  I don't think he even referenced Frank as being "from GNR" when he introduced him. 

I'm not very familiar with his stuff so I don't know for sure what it all was.  I think it was all his solo stuff and I was told the last two songs were from his band Bash & Pop that he put together after the Replacements.  It was a really good rock show though.

Tommy never playes any stuff from the Mats or GN'R at his solo gigs (obviously not counting 'You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory', which he used to play way before he even was in GN'R). A recent setlist of his that I've seen looked like this:

Not This Time (new song)
Makes Me Happy (from his band Perfect)
It's A Drag (from One Man Mutiny)
Don't Deserve You (from One Man Mutiny)
Bad News (new song)
Anybody Else (new song?)
Meant To Be (from One Man Mutiny)
Breating Room (new song)
Come What May (new song?)
Zero To Stupid (from One Man Mutiny)
Come To Hide (from One Man Mutiny)
Destroy Me (from One Man Mutiny)
Can't Be Bothered (new song)
Making Of An Asshole (from his band Perfect)
Not A Moment Too Soon (from Village Gorilla Head)
On The Rocks (new song?)
Motivation (from Village Gorilla Head, also frequently played at GN'R shows)
Alt. Monkey (from his band Perfect)
Aim To Please (from his band Bash & Pop)
Friday Night Is Killing Me (from his band Bash & Pop)

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Cramer wrote:

just don't understand why you are splitting hairs as a means to deny/pivot/speculate what this man said. It's plain English, right out of his mouth.

Well, I guess we have to agree that we disagree in how we interpret his words.

Tommy, a few weeks ago, wrote:

“I didn’t quit the gig or walk away from it.” -src

But please, carry on.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If he had to leave because of personal issues you could perhaps take these comments as a message he is ready to come back if they need him. I want to think that communication in the band isn't so bad you have to use the media to reach Axl, but wouldn't surprise me either. The stuff Ron was doing the last few years might suggest so.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't see any grey area in the OP.  He's out.  It looks like CD era GnR has folded.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Well, I guess we have to agree that we disagree in how we interpret his words.

Yes, I have a firm grasp on the most basic understanding of the English language, and you clearly do not. I'm also under zero obligation to accommodate your peculiar emotional issues, which apparently manifests itself via frivolous arguments over trivial non-sense with strangers online. Perhaps that's how you work out the kinks of your distressed little ego, but I'm not here to be your therapist...sorry.

apex-twin wrote:
Tommy, a few weeks ago, wrote:

“I didn’t quit the gig or walk away from it.” -src

But please, carry on.

Tommy a few weeks ago...again totally irrelevant in regards to what he most recently said. Seriously, get a life.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Really, he said he's waiting for the call to see what's up. And if he's out, Duff will take his place. CD era isn't over.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really, he said he's waiting for the call to see what's up. And if he's out, Duff will take his place. CD era isn't over.

Seriously?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I believe they both have plans that doesn't include reunion.

I believe this is true.  I also believe they both have plans that include a reunion.  Believing what you think doesn't exclude the other from being an option, it just pushes it out to late 16 or early 17.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I believe they both have plans that doesn't include reunion.

I believe this is true.  I also believe they both have plans that include a reunion.  Believing what you think doesn't exclude the other from being an option, it just pushes it out to late 16 or early 17.

I said that earlier, that a reunion could very well happen, but not until after 2016, and I believe it will in some form, but that seemed to rub some the wrong way. Yeah, we haven't heard anything about CD II release, just Fernando saying an announcement is coming on Nightrain. The only thing we've heard in regards to a reunion is Slash saying the negativity is gone, then static, then his brother trashing a reunion and Axl, then apologizing... We are closer to CD II,IMO, than a reunion, and that's not a bad thing and doesn't mean both can't happen. Its real prickly about all this...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Yes, I have a firm grasp on the most basic understanding of the English language, and you clearly do not. I'm also under zero obligation to accommodate your peculiar emotional issues, which apparently manifests itself via frivolous arguments over trivial non-sense with strangers online. Perhaps that's how you work out the kinks of your distressed little ego, but I'm not here to be your therapist...sorry.

Why so hostile?

We simply view his comments differently in the current situation. IMHO, you're wholly entitled to your viewpoint and I had hoped I made myself clear on that. I have little interest to try and persuade you to think any different about the matter than you do now, as you're the man in your own life and choose what you want to believe, just like everyone else.

Should more evidence arise to point out that Tommy's out without a chance of coming back, I'm more than willing to accept the case as such and will go on from there. Meanwhile, your allegations about my character come out as pretty left-field, as I never intended to 'debunk' your opinion, merely expressed my two cents.

If you felt I was out to bait you or to split hairs, I apologize. My intention was merely to point out why I feel differently about the matter than you. At the end of the day, we both speculate, as only time will tell and stranger things have happened in Guns land.

Cramer wrote:

Seriously, get a life.

That's really less than cool. C'mon, man.

Board footer