You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: As the reunion rumors are on a treadmill...

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Speaking of Slash/Duff/Izzy working on Chinese, I would LOVE to know what Ezrin's infamous "three songs" were considering the fact that around that same period Axl mentioned the possibility of letting Slash contribute to three songs.

I don't recall the quote exactly nor the context, but do you think it's possible to be 3 songs ended up on Contraband? Or myb 1 or 2 of them. Wasn't the Fall To Pieces riff around since the 90s?

Meantime, if Guns would release CD2 and tour with Robin and Duff...

Sure. I'd be curious. 50%
Impress me. On the fence on Robin &/ CD2. 7%
Nah. Wake me up when the reunion happens. 43%
Total votes: 28
polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't know the Ezrin story, but Fall to Pieces was one of the songs that Slash took with him from those 95-96 sessions.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

A hybrid band would essentially be more of the same IMO. Get the old band back together or just call it quits.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Thanks to all for their $0.02.

It appears the forum regulars are a polarized bunch. I get that. Slash, Guns.

Axl has been begged to do two things. Release CD and reunite.

As usual, even the 11th hour seems too soon for him.

When even hardcores are divided on the prospects of CD2 en route to a reunion, you should step up the plate and do something.

Then again... has he ever been reactionary? 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I voted "on the fence" more because I've never been much impressed by Robin

I'd love a reunion...and by reunion I mean Axl slash and duff...whoever else is along for the ride doesn't concern me as long as they play the parts well

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I voted "on the fence" more because I've never been much impressed by Robin

I'd love a reunion...and by reunion I mean Axl slash and duff...whoever else is along for the ride doesn't concern me as long as they play the parts well

The band, management, label, fans, media and legal eagles can dress it up any way they like to make money, but we all know a reunion that doesn't include Izzy isn't a real reunion - it's just an easy headline to sell more tickets, magazines, newspapers and increase pageviews/ad revenue etc. A reunion without Izzy is like a pizza without cheese.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Would love if izzy is there...but he doesn't seem like one for long tours...so I get it if he isn't part of it.

Sky Dog wrote:

big money talks Neemo....that kind of money, even for a short tour, would REALLY set Izzy up financially for life. Royalties from the back catalog have to be getting smaller with every passing year. A reunion tour is a guaranteed lottery ticket. He won't pass that up.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I understand what u are saying....but in my mind i would say it depends entirely on the state of events surrounding the circus that qold be the GnR Reunion...if there is too much bullshit I could picture Izzy just saying "fuck it"...he has done it it before...I can't imagine the dollar signs from the uyi tour that he walked away from

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I can't imagine the dollar signs from the uyi tour that he walked away from

I may be wrong, but wasn't his drug addiction a factor as well?   Just imagining the stories these bands must have gone thru in the 80s I could see some of them having a near death experience & finally having a eureka! moment where they realize their own immortality.  Can't really put a price tag on that.

Board footer