You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Atari, simply go to mygnrforum.com, go to the Jungle, them click on "it's five o'clock somewhere" then click on the Slash Myles 2014/15 topic and read for yourself since you clearly have not. Then come back here and discount what he says.

Okay I didn't see his posts after the meeting with Slash. It looks like he's implying Slash told him something and that Slash's plans have changed for next year. Obviously though it's not set in stone if he was told something, since he says this.

Slash2baz wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

FUCK YES! Thanks for the update Slash2Baz! New Conspirators Album and GNR TOUR. BADASS!!!

I didn't say that !

So maybe they're negotiating.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Atari, he told him something that he can't repeat and Slash2Baz doesn't lie so he didn't deny a reunion he just simply said he didn't say it was happening. Back to "read between the lines" per the GNR tweet. Haha.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

Literally none of that legitimately points to a reunion...

NONE of it? That's a stretch. I know you're hoping Fink comes back to launch CD II but if what is going on doesn't point to a reunion of some sort, it's not pointing to that either.

Would be funny if Finck AND Slash came back.

Hey mitch. Now there's a blast from the past.

@smoking guns Here's why people "discount" certain things & I'm not aiming this at ID but at the fan base in general..

Anything can happen at this point. Each fan has their own idea on how they want it to play out and will see what they want to see so it fits in to their theory. As more info trickles out, it is either used as evidence or ignored as long as it can bolster the theories.

It has nothing to do with Finck, dude, I said that it wasn't unrealistic that they could approach Finck to replace DJ. It's all about someone wanting to believe something really badly. I believe Slashbaz said he didn't think a reunion was happening either. I think there's a good chance they are trying to work out something with slash, but nothing says there will be an original 5 reunion.

Adler's lead singer knows as much as Nikki Sixx which is jack. And if you really think it's realistic Adler's lead singer is going spill a secret reunion plan to a guy at a carwash, there's no discussion. Not saying this didnt happen, I believe SG, I don't believe Adler's lead singer.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Well in Jacob's defense, he may open up more to a guy like me who is from his home town and has met him before at his shows. It wasn't like a I was a total random.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Well in Jacob's defense, he may open up more to a guy like me who is from his home town and has met him before at his shows. It wasn't like a I was a total random.

I have a hard time believing he would have any info of any kind. I don't even think Steven would, tbh. The main thing is Slash and Axl. And I've heard from people who knew about Axl and Slash talking about a year before Slash gave that interview, is that at various times both Duff and Slash have wanted back in, not a reunion, but back into the band. Duff even more so.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The guy wrote half a page saying he didn't think it'd be a good idea and that he didn't think it'd happen. Unless he's made another recent post that says otherwise, how on earth did you draw Myles going on tour as him believing a reunion would happen?

If a reunion is announced or Slash and Duff rejoin the band tomorrow most of that list will still have been nonsense.

When did Duff's wife say herself that it was happening?

My list was written in a semi joking manner, but her friend blurted that out and she said NOTHING to dispute it. She, Duff's wife, around that same exact time posted a pick from 85 or 86 or GNR playing.

It almost takes more imagination to justify this NOT HAPPENING.

Not to burst your bubble...but....it really doesn't take much imagination at all. The last time this band played together in a concert was July 17, 1993.

What has been accomplished since that date by all parties has been fairly modest at best.

When GnR goes dormant for long enough, the forums tend to make up their own news.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The truth usually always comes out...  And during all these dead times, when there were rumors, there was some truth to pretty much all of them.

ID, yes, we have heard about this for a while but didn't have anything concrete till Slash said it.

As far as the car wash, you can shoot it down all you want, but when they play a show you can come back to this thread and say that guy was NOT full of shit lol. The Car wash story happened before all the other media jumped all over this, remember. But yes, he could be wrong. But he isn't "lying" or "making shit up". Why would he?  He has had a really nice career not by lying and talking shit. He is a good dude. He told me what he believed at that time which day by day looks more and more true.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Jacob doesn't have to be a liar for his story to be BS, could just be that his source (most likely Steven) is a liar. I can see Steven putting the Adler band on hold just in case a reunion opportunity comes up, and telling his band mates that it's a done deal when it really isn't.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Exactly Razor...  But Jacob is really level headed, I hope he has more than Adler as a source.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Haven't posted in this forum in years, and lost interest in Guns N' Roses after Chinese Democracy was released and all the hype surrounding the band died down. From what I've been reading over the past few weeks reunion rumours have been running rampant ever since Axl and Slash buried the hatchet so to speak. I always had a small glimmer of hope for them ever since Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels put aside their issues. 16

Personally though, I think all this talk of a reunion is incredibly premature. Like most of you, I'm ecstatic regarding the fact that Axl and Slash are on speaking terms again, although I don't think there's been any concrete evidence whatsoever that a reunion is imminent. I think all of this stuff  regarding the guy that's in touch with My GNR and Duff's wife's drunken friend spurting small inconsequential pieces of information is deja vu of 2006 where we were all reading and discussing reports of a guy at a Playstation convention recording audio snippets of a "brand new Guns N' Roses song" on a crappy mobile/cell phone. 16

What I do believe is in the works though could be a boxset marking the bands anniversary featuring unreleased material from the band over the years and maybe a documentary of some sort featuring input from all members of the band. Slash is a work horse and absolutely loves moving forward and continuously releasing new material. Once one record finishes, he's thinking of the next, and obviously that doesn't fit in with Axl's aspirations. Maybe if things continue to progress the way they have been with Axl and Slash, we may get Axl appear at a Slash show for a rare one off appearance of a song or two, but I think Axl is happy to fade off into the sunset and live in private. Just my two cents.

Board footer