You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

Smoking Guns wrote:

Shit my words have been read by outsiders! I told you guys long ago make this a private forum for members only.. Oh well.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The articles say "2 years" which sounds like a long ways away, but it's really like a year and a half. 2015 is nearly done, and fests start mid-year 2017.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

MR ID, what are your sources saying? Finck still coming back? Slash as a hired gun? Full Reunion tour? Album in 2016, current lineup tour, then reunion tour?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

MR ID, what are your sources saying? Finck still coming back? Slash as a hired gun? Full Reunion tour? Album in 2016, current lineup tour, then reunion tour?

16 I don't have sources, just asked some folks who have insight.

Have no idea what's really going on other than there is a good chance some type of deal might have been made with Slash, but no one will know for sure until TB say so.

And I still say no Steven, Matt or Gilby

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

16 I don't have sources, just asked some folks who have insight.

Have no idea what's really going on other than there is a good chance some type of deal might have been made with Slash, but no one will know for sure until TB say so.

And I still say no Steven, Matt or Gilby

So Izzy may be back in mix!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'd be shocked if Izzy isn't playing some role no matter what line up plays in 2016... Even a 2002 lineup reunion!! (That was for you James) wink

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Two years but Axl tours with whom in the meantime to show his loyalty? Most of the "new" band is gone, so who exactly is he going to show his loyalty to before relaunching with the old guys? Even if the current lineup was intact, it wouldn't make any sense to tour with this incarnation and then shift to Slash/Duff etc.  If they do anything, I'd imagine it will be as some sort of reunion next year. Not two years later.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Two years but Axl tours with whom in the meantime to show his loyalty? Most of the "new" band is gone, so who exactly is he going to show his loyalty to before relaunching with the old guys? Even if the current lineup was intact, it wouldn't make any sense to tour with this incarnation and then shift to Slash/Duff etc.  If they do anything, I'd imagine it will be as some sort of reunion next year. Not two years later.

Yeah I agree.  I didn't read this thread too thoroughly, but alot of these news feeds just come off as blogs.  One seemed to state that the new band 'which he has been touring with since Slash & Duff left in 1996'??   WTF.  Also, I agree with Cramer in that I doubt Axl would tour with any NuGnR members in 2016, then Slash & Duff etc in 2017. 

IMHO a reunion is likely, possibly a few get together dates & festivals in 2016, then a full fledged tour in 2017.  Sponsors & promoters (and insurance companies) probably want to see some sort of reliability first before investing in a full fledged tour. Plus I think the band, on a personal level, is probably taking time to fully reconcile & commit, as well as rehearse. There's alot of 'What ifs' going around.

Also, I doubt Slash, Duff & esp Izzy tour with Robin yet no Steve/Matt.  Ain't happening.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Starting to sound like 2016 will be quiet with a reunion in 2017 which is what I thought would happen after Slash opened his mouth.  They are not going to pass up that AFD anniversary. Its the last anniversary they can take advantage of. Next would be 40th and they'll be too old. Having said that, nothing can be ruled out since no one knows what is really going on. I highly doubt another reboot of a CD lineup so if we're in a holding pattern for a year, its either CD II release or silence. It doesn't make sense to do a CD tour in 16 when the entire galaxy is waiting for this.

Those last two "articles" are terrible. They read just like forum posts. Some fans call CD a flop but that should never be said in an article. Ridiculous.

comments about GNRtruth- People from all the sites read this place, mainly the CD Whispers section.  Nothing wrong with that. It wasn't put there for people to not read it. 16

for shits and giggles....does anyone know what Bucket has been up to lately?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

2016! Myles on tour with AB 2017 SLASH WILL BE ON TOUR WITH HIS BAND.

Board footer