You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fighting a hipster crowd to see MY BAND.

That's a beautiful and succinct way of putting it. I saw them at Roskilde, maybe the worst concert of my life. Too many people, shitty sound and everybody around me complaining about anything and everything. It's the kind of gig most people go to just to say they were there and complain how much it sucked.

johndivney wrote:

ha i was at that roskilde gig too!
i was down in the pit, right at the front. the only time i've gotten that close. says a lot about the interest people had in them. when i told people i'd travelled for guns (& dylan) then shook their heads like they were embarrassed for me!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Exactly. That is not the guns crowd. GNR is not Mumford and sons or Coldplay. They are not indie rock or euro rock. They are a gang of misfits from America that once ruled the world. They need their own event for their own fans. Festivals are good for exposure. This should be for the fans.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The Download festival part of the Loaded article is wrong. I am 100% on that. I guess that must put rest of the article into doubt. It's a shame, because I thought it was interesting. It makes sense to some degree to tour in 2017, the 30 year anniversary of AFD. It is also worth pointing out that Loaded,, as a magazine, closed not so long ago.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think festivals would only be a couple one off shows.  This isn't STP, Linkin Park or Offspring touring every 3 years for local radio station festivals.  They'd probably do just a couple warmup shows to get going & some positive buzz.  I would think only 3 or 4 shows. They'd sellout stadiums on their own. 

Don't mean to jump ahead, but anyone guess who they think would be a good & adequate opener?   I think the Black Crowes would make it a great show. Feasible too, to some extent.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Black Crowes, Thin Lizzy, Brother Cane, Alice Cooper, Black Label Society, California Breed, Tesla

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Black Crowes, Thin Lizzy, Brother Cane, Alice Cooper, Black Label Society, California Breed, Tesla

Alice still has it. That show I saw back in 2013 was incredible.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

ha i was at that roskilde gig too!
i was down in the pit, right at the front. the only time i've gotten that close. says a lot about the interest people had in them. when i told people i'd travelled for guns (& dylan) then shook their heads like they were embarrassed for me!

Slim chance, but I was West in a camp of about 10 people. No matter the time of day you'd see a spliff in action. At the Germany - Argentina game me and another guy wearing a huge Germany flag were singing "Deutschland Uber Alles" after the penalty shoot out.

I felt like the only fan at that festival. When Robin had his solo spot there was a plane going over the stage sorta close, my friends joked "there goes Axl!".

johndivney wrote:

Ah well I was stoned off my tits as well. I'd stopped off in Christiania on my way to the festival..
Having the football on at the same time was great. England got knocked out just as Primal Scream were playing. They made reference to it on stage & we all cheered& celebrated. & then Zidane just took over - he was the star of the festival! He was amazing that World Cup, carried France to the final.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I see GN'R facebook posted the 2006 logo that got them sued for combining Slash's design with the new one.

gnr.jpg

It has the caption "Oh, my salvation… Oh, my frustrations…"  I know GN'Rs online crew post a lot of drivel, but they did get sued for using this and they had to stop using it, so maybe it does have some backhanded meaning.

Board footer