You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

apex-twin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Axl's comments don't amount to much for me. ^^^

So do you believe that they were working on the best Gun's album we'll never hear?

The UYI-era songwriters picking up from where they left it in '91.
Axl would come in later with his own songs, melodies and lyrics.

But comparable to, say, early demos of Locomotive, Coma, etc?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I think if it is a hybrid lineup.. we will see Izzy on at least a few dates. No way he played with the new lineup and not join Duff, Slash, and Axl for at least a few shows. That's my hope at least. I had a feeling Matt and Steven wouldn't be in on.

No reason Matt couldn't do it music wise, unless the others don't want him there. Not sure how he gets on with Slash and Duff these days. I seem to remember he and Axl made up a few years ago?

All in all the drummer's not crucial to this. Nobody is or isn't going to a reunion show cos Frank's on drums instead of Adler.

Matt and Duff play together in Kings of Chaos. Saw them over the summer and they seemed to get along well from my seat up in the rafters.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If I were GNR are you some what worried to play any show where ISIS is a threat? Serious question. You know it is the back of their heads.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If I were GNR are you some what worried to play any show where ISIS is a threat? Serious question. You know it is the back of their heads.

I'm sure it is on their minds. I know it's on my mind as a concert goer.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Gotta have Izzy or I'm not calling this a reunion.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Matt and Gilby ain't gonna happen.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

One thing to consider, GNR was prepared to tour 2016 with DJ for CD II, and him quitting took them all by surprise. He was also supposed to be featured on the album. They were looking for a replacement. Slash could be in negotiations for that spot... I'm leaning towards no reunion, but the possible hybrid band... I know I said it before, but any reunion would take a long while to sort out with management, lawyers and accountants to figure the split. It would be easier for the hybrid for a lot of reasons.

I really think Slash is a possibility here.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Gotta have Izzy or I'm not calling this a reunion.

I always felt this way as well but if he doesn't want to be involved for some reason, they have to come up with plan B.

Terrorists- GNR reunion would certainly  be a target since  the whole world will be paying attention but hopefully they don't allow that to factor in.

Just increase security at certain venues.  Create a 'ring of steel' if necessary.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

him quitting took them all by surprise. He was also supposed to be featured on the album. They were looking for a replacement.

They have no one but themselves to blame for this. When you keep your 'band' out of the loop and make them talk through people like Fernando for updates and even then your calls may go ignored, expect defections.

This sounds eerily like Bucket's departure in 2004 except his was low key because of his persona.  The ONLY thing that make these latest departures interesting is what might be going on reunion wise. Take that out of the equation and the fans are up shit creek without a paddle.

Yeah yeah CD II but that is in my "I'll believe it when I see it" file.

Matt and Duff play together in Kings of Chaos. Saw them over the summer and they seemed to get along well from my seat up in the rafters.

Imagine the buzz this would have caused if people weren't so used to them performing together.

Everyone talks about Axl "watering it down", diluting the brand name, going to the AFD well too many times,etc. and the point is certainly valid but the rest of old GNR haven't exactly taken an extended vacation from playing old songs together either. Main difference is they have all released a lot of music but other than that...same thing.

So do you believe that they were working on the best Gun's album we'll never hear?

Probably not but do you really question the possibility of it being good? A year later the same group minus Izzy worked on Contraband.  If there's a Slither or Fall to Pieces on there, Axl needs to take a stab at it at some point.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Probably not but do you really question the possibility of it being good? A year later the same group minus Izzy worked on Contraband.  If there's a Slither or Fall to Pieces on there, Axl needs to take a stab at it at some point.

I wasn't questioning whether it was good, but I honestly don't think you'd find a response outside a Guns or VR forum that'd suggest that any of the material of Contraband is comparable to any of the Appetite or UYI era material.

The music was good enough for what it was, but it certainly wasn't anything spectacular. If Contraband sounded the same musically and just had Axl on vocals instead, I still don't think it would have been a classic. Better yes, but nothing else.

I just think they were at a different place musically, unless the material with Izzy was dramatically better.

Board footer