You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GN'R Are Now Selling Classic-Lineup Merch, It's Actually a Pretty Big

misterID wrote:

I would.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID, a few weeks ago you said a reunion in a couple years, but now you say reunion but just Slash, Duff, and Axl.... Hmm

AtariLegend wrote:

When the Appetite line-up with Adler as per your info at the car wash is announced. Then you can brag.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Perhaps these three have the most vested in new (old) venture, while Izzy may not want to make such a commitment. Maybe Izzy would come in for recording, a few shows etc, but would not consider himself an integral part of the band? Hence three guys  you see in this game, and the rumors about a fusion GnR.

I'd imagine the chance of Adler coming back as a full time member is probably nil.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just am saying that all 5 will play at some point. PERIOD. Not an album or world tour, but that the 5 will play a set or show or maybe even shows. Axl, Duff, Slash is the same partnership they have had forever.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I just am saying that all 5 will play at some point. PERIOD. Not an album or world tour, but that the 5 will play a set or show or maybe even shows. Axl, Duff, Slash is the same partnership they have had forever.

I'd imagine this is likely.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yeah those three have a say in what goes on. The other two don't.

I believe they'll do something as well but unlikely to be that first show. Everything cant hinge on Adler. Remember when Axl talked about Izzy's performances in 06 and he said it worked great because they didn't have to depend on him? I could see such an approach used with Adler IF he is brought aboard at some point.

Adler should be in rehab right now and not a TV show rehab either.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Remember when Axl talked about Izzy's performances in 06 and he said it worked great because they didn't have to depend on him?.

Dude you have one helleva memory. I never remember any of this crap.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I would say that's possible, but even one show with Adler would be a nightmare and far from a guarantee.

I can't remember where or when, but some time ago Axl said that the public would accept Axl, Slash and Duff as a reunion with no disrespect to Izzy. I think its funny that's the rumor now... Plus the hybrid with Frank and Richard.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Remember when Axl talked about Izzy's performances in 06 and he said it worked great because they didn't have to depend on him?.

Dude you have one helleva memory. I never remember any of this crap.

16  I took a recent refresher course on CD whispers. Anything out of that time frame and I'll run into a brick wall. Until last night I didn't even know they had performed Raw Power on that last tour. That was a treat although Ron tries to ruin it with his noodling. I didn't know about The Seeker either. That was interesting.

misterID wrote:

I can't remember where or when, but some time ago Axl said that the public would accept Axl, Slash and Duff as a reunion with no disrespect to Izzy. I think its funny that's the rumor now... Plus the hybrid with Frank and Richard.

He might have said it later on but he mentioned it in those chats six years ago. Looks like he's finally going to be consistent on something. 16

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during these talks.

Board footer