You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Scott Weiland Is Dead.

johndivney wrote:

Fuck me. That's a bit unnecessary mate. Are dissenting voices not allowed? The guy's closer to Scott stop & Gavin Henson than he is Bowie. Or Vedder for that matter.
It's sad on a personal level don't get me wrong. I was just commenting on his artistic value..

Reminds me of the Paul Walker thread this.

I made one simple comment, not even my own. Oh well. I'll say no more. Probably cause I'll be banned! Can't upset the precious souls on the gnr message boards..

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Dude, body is barely cold and you're out making fun of his career boost. A bit early for those jokes, and his death thread is certainly not the place for it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Damn shame! My best friend introduced me to STP and I got into Velvet Revolver some time after that. Quite the vocal talent and front man. May he rest in peace. Also I saw the video he did with bumblefoot for Art of Anarchy too. Not a bad song.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

We're cool jd smile tho I dont share the same sentiment...my buddy said much the same thing when we shared emails this morning...I just called him a jerk and we moved on 16

I'm  huge STP fan and I've never made my fandom for Scott hidden...@ James, Tiny Music is prolly my fave STP album

I've seen Scott perform live 3 times first was in 1993, Palace of Auburn Hills, Michigan, right after he got out of rehab the first time, second time i saw hime was with VR @ Copps Colesium in Hamilton, On...was the loudest concert I've ever been to in my life and the band was amazing...my first time seeing Slash and Duff live

The last time I saw them was when STP reunited...it was in Sarnia, ON at Bayfest

Im prolly one of the few people who owns his solo album lol...and i wish the the Magnificent Bastards would've done more in the 90s

Also my wedding song is Wonderful off of Shangri-La-Di-Da...my wife and I share a love of STP

Anyway...a shock and yet not...a poor soul who could never kick the junk

RIP Scott...one of the greats of the 90s and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the amazing music.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Didn't want to believe the news when I saw it on Twitter late last night, but unfortunately it didn't seem far fetched. Enjoyed early STP especially and early VR as well. Guy just couldn't overcome his addiction. Sad, but it happens all too often. Not the first, won't be the last. I wonder if STP songs will see a bit of a spike in the coming weeks. Often happens when artists die unexpectedly.

RIP Scott. Thanks for the music you left behind. sad

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is how you bring it

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is how you bring it

Never saw that before, that was awesome.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

So sad. Even if he was clean these days, I guess the damage had already been done. RIP. Thanks for the great melodies

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is how you bring it

3 somgs

Yea I think Scott did 3 doors songs that night

This one is good too wink

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is how you bring it

3 somgs

Yea I think Scott did 3 doors songs that night

This one is good too wink

Badass

Board footer