You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Scott Weiland Is Dead.

Furbush wrote:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/03/scott-weiland-dead/

Rock star Scott Weiland was found dead on his tour bus in Minnesota ... TMZ has learned.
Weiland was on tour with his band Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts ... they were supposed to play the Medina Ballroom tonight, but the show was cancelled.
A source connected to the band tells us Scott was found Thursday night on the bus around 9 PM -- presumably, shortly before the band was to go on. 
The former lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver famously battled substance abuse for years. It's unclear right now what caused his death.
Scott was 48.
Story developing ...

I hope this is fake.

:'(

EDIT: It's not. Fuck. Listening to STP Unplugged. I've been known to talk some Scott shit. But Core, Purple and Tiny Music were just as much a part of the soundtrack to my teen years as UYI/Appetite.

Big loss. All of my sad tonight.

Rest In Peace, Scott.

Plush just came on. I'm bawling. I haven't felt this song like this in years.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

This is a really sad loss.   Too young.   So talented. 

STP was one of the better bands to come out of that era of the 90s.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

HORRIBLE! So sad!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Holy shit. Very sad. Yes many of us bagged on VR over the years but all knew he was an amazing talent. STP has some incredible material. Going to be listening to them tonight.  He was a huge part of the musical landscape in the 90s.

Went from being labeled an Eddie Vedder clone to many seeing him as a more modern day David Bowie.

Drugs are hell on earth and have battled with them myself for decades.

A tragedy.  When people with such talent die prematurely you'll always wonder what else they could have offered the world.

RIP

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

ahhhh...shit....
so sad. this is affecting me - i feel worse than i thought i would but to be honest it was expected for a long time... RIP - one of the defining singers of one of rocks great eras... Core and Purple were and are defining cornerstones of my rock education

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Holy shit. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Never a huge fan of Scott, he was from the old school though. Another hit to that era.

Makes you think how lucky the guys in Guns are for still being alive.

James

James wrote:

I'll never forget hearing the song Down for the first time. Had already been a STP fan for years of course but when that song first hit the radio......damn. Hit over the head with a sledgehammer.

I need to give Libertad one more chance. Now is the time to do it. Other than VR's few hits and Messages and Psycho Killer I just didn't like it.

James

James wrote:

Listening to Tiny Music right now. I forgot how much ass Pop's Love Suicide kicks.

James

James wrote:

Tiny Music I always considered the worst of their 90s discog but damn this is killer stuff after revisiting it. Adhesive, Ride the Cliche. Unfortunate that its really only known for its hit Big Bang Baby(which is great).

His last interview....

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Just heard the news on the radio. Very sad.

Not a massive Scott fan but I saw him with VR in 05 and he was a mesmerising frontman.

RIP Scott

Board footer