You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Scott Weiland Is Dead.

Smoking Guns wrote:

I thought it was fucking classless not to mention Weiland at the Grammys last night.  They did a tribute to Lemmy (and DUFF WHO DID A LEMMY TRIBUTE WAS IN A BAND WITH WEILAND) Bowie and BB King but NOTHING on one of the best front men of the past 25 years.  Anyway, they could have mentioned him etc.  Oh well.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think overly tributing someone who OD'ed on drugs isn't really the Grammy's style. So I'll give them that. I did see when they listed all the musicians who passed away in the past year, and they showed Weiland but didn't play an STP song, just let a Bowie or Eagles song play thru overtop of his image.  Again to some extent I get it, but by the end they were playing some one hit wonders songs from the 70s etc...

At that point I did agree they should've credited him with a song. I thought he got overlooked there.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Right. I am not saying do something dramatic buts nice mention would be nice. I missed the part where they showed those that we lost. So at least they did do that.  Would have been nice for Duff to do something for Scott since he was a band mate

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Scott Weiland got a memorial spot on IHeart Radio with maybe Big Bang Baby playing in background. Forgot the song. Glad he got a mention this time.

Lomax wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Scott Weiland got a memorial spot on IHeart Radio with maybe Big Bang Baby playing in background. Forgot the song. Glad he got a mention this time.

He deserves it. His solo albums are great.

Board footer